Biturbo's Audi S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prj View Post
    If you did not get my hint, I think that dyno is not showing correct figures.
    It's about 25% out.

But you believe what you want to believe. When you run 10.X you have 600hp, but writing in your thread a million excuses about every run and saying you have crazy high power figures, when the best you have is high 11 time is quite funny.

Of course, you are the best tuner in the world, and can get 600hp with 1.8 bar of boost on 7A cams and pump fuel when the rest of the world only sees 500hp with exactly the same setup...
    Go have a run on MRC's dyno.
    I will run in 10.x with same power just need sort other fings.Like traction and write setup on lc to get at least 1.7-1.8s on 60 ft
    Did you see my first post with all mods?
    My head is ported and I run on holset 40 with T3 12 hot side.
    Dyno was without air intake sensor that meen les about 15hp.
    You can't believe that I done some good job on I5.I will back on track in february.
    I will go in MRC dyno on dyno day

Comment

Originally posted by Biturbo View Post
      You can't believe that I done some good job on I5.I will back on track in february.
      I will go in MRC dyno on dyno day
      This has nothing to do with me thinking whether you did a good job or not. I think you did a great job with your project, and I hope you continue. I am glad to see I5 project cars doing well.

The simple thing is, you are claiming numbers on pump fuel which would be right if you had about 2.8 liters displacement.
      But you don't, you are on 2.2 liters.

So either you are super mega tuner and the entire world does not know what they are doing, or your dyno is over-optimistic.
      For flat 1.5 bar on 7A cams your torque curve is not right either in that graph... To get a such graph on 7A cams you would have to ramp up the boost towards redline.

I don't see why you think that if I bring to your attention that your numbers do not line up you think right away that this is some sort of personal attack on you.
      If you like I will not post anymore in this thread, and you can continue to live in wonderland...
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
        This has nothing to do with me thinking whether you did a good job or not. I think you did a great job with your project, and I hope you continue. I am glad to see I5 project cars doing well.

The simple thing is, you are claiming numbers on pump fuel which would be right if you had about 2.8 liters displacement.
        But you don't, you are on 2.2 liters.

So either you are super mega tuner and the entire world does not know what they are doing, or your dyno is over-optimistic.
        For flat 1.5 bar on 7A cams your torque curve is not right either in that graph... To get a such graph on 7A cams you would have to ramp up the boost towards redline.

I don't see why you think that if I bring to your attention that your numbers do not line up you think right away that this is some sort of personal attack on you.
        If you like I will not post anymore in this thread, and you can continue to live in wonderland...
        I'm not car tiuner.I'm not maping, is been done by my friend.I done all engine work on my car and I'm not planing tiune 15 cars.This is just my hoby for my spare time.You keep telling that no possible make 600hp on one 040 pump and that we done with dyno proof.And you now say dyno is wrong .This what I'm doing is just for me self,working very hard make that what is done .Still have all winter to prepare it for race,but engine is 100% ready.Next big step is roll cage.
        Last edited by Biturbo; 21 October 2012, 12:27.

Comment

I think your car is looking awesome so far!

Some people just like to put other people down, they should just be ignored. Some of the things PRJ comes out with is complete rubbish and he'd soon get told that if he worked with other professionals in this line of work, i've resisted the urge to say anything many times. He sure knows how to befriend people too.... People should really keep their mouths shut if they haven't got anything good or helpful to say. We're all here because we love our cars, pretty simple!

keep up the good work, I'll have to come to santa pod to watch you race soon!
          1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

This is with 1.5 bar and only 6800rpm
            and now 1.8bar till 7500rpm so around 600hp
            You tuned around 100 cars I tune one and is better
            I now you are very clever gay,but very arrogant
            Well, you might consider real life examples, like what is your 200-400m ? it might give you an ideaa of power / weight ratio. What i can tell that with arround 550hp, i did 11.3@210kmh with 1.98 60ft, that with 1400kg, including the driver. 200-400m time was 3.8-3.84 sec.

Comment

That time then silicone came of my time 200-400m was only 4.25s.That run when gear change wrong 3.97s.

Any way is still not that 60ft that I wont.My best was 1.74s and then is very big different in finish time.
              Today arrive my fiberglass bonnet to save more weight

Will be wrap in carbon

Comment

1.5bar /6800 rpm = 520hp?

What kind of turbo and head job have you done mate?

I was hitting 1.8 bar / 7500 rpm for theoretical 570/580 hp
                But the head and camshafts are not OEM.
                RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                  1.5bar /6800 rpm = 520hp?

What kind of turbo and head job have you done mate?

I was hitting 1.8 bar / 7500 rpm for theoretical 570/580 hp
                  But the head and camshafts are not OEM.
                  Old holset h1e (like 40) hot side is 12 stamp so about 1A/R
                  Ported head,ferrera 6000 valves,valves springs and titanium valve spring retainer from fcp-engineering,7a both cams.Still standard lifters,but planing get some lighter ones.
                  Scat rods with moded pistons.Siemens deka 835cc (3bar) injectors,040 bosch pump in tank.Vems ecu. Feul shell v-power
                  Pistons

Comment

That's brave removing material from the bowl on standard pistons. Most folk remove it from the top face which will change the squish band somewhat. Have you measured the remaining thickness of material on the crown of the piston? Good to see that they can stand up to 500+ bhp.
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                      That's brave removing material from the bowl on standard pistons. Most folk remove it from the top face which will change the squish band somewhat. Have you measured the remaining thickness of material on the crown of the piston? Good to see that they can stand up to 500+ bhp.
                      I didn't check how much left material.I now many people run like this with over 600 and no problem.Will20v has somethink like this on his car and run 650hp.Most important compression is down,around 8bar and then can run with big boost.I will check my compression soon.

Comment

No i dont have pistons like that only a fool would machine the center of the piston only. i predict a large hole will soon apear down the center of your piston
                        your crown thickness is not measued either. maybe you will be ok but i reckon when your 040 pump gets hot next summer it will run lean and kabooom will be the noise .
                        apart from the pistons it is a good spec engine and very well done matey.

Comment

Originally posted by will20v View Post
                          No i dont have pistons like that only a fool would machine the center of the piston only. i predict a large hole will soon apear down the center of your piston
                          your crown thickness is not measued either. maybe you will be ok but i reckon when your 040 pump gets hot next summer it will run lean and kabooom will be the noise .
                          apart from the pistons it is a good spec engine and very well done matey.
                          I will put one more external pump for safety use onlly in race.And if vems not sort knock detection in winter time,will buy knock block G4.

Comment

yeah probly be fine

Comment

Still standard lifters,but planing get some lighter ones.
                              Don't use lighter hydraulic lifters, they crush easily. Go solid lifter route if you want less weight.

BTW, really nice project and good results.

PS. Stock pistons hold for about 800hp.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

yes, solid only I know where to get them

Comment

Working...
                                X