No announcement yet.

Tdi quattro avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to get up to aidens today to help out on johns ur quattro and actually had a camera with me to take some pics. I really need to get this back to mine so I can finish it as I can't get nothing done on it atm as its an hour each way and fuel which I don't have. You can just see the recaro's in the picture above thanks to error for doing the elements in these.

Also I took two of the alloys up to show john and thought i'd try them on the car. Still waiting on the front coilovers back from bryflyingby so I can drop the front right down. It looks like its on stilts in the picture. S8's are back on the car now as these wheels are still being sold, shame as it looked good on them.

Comment

looking good

I'm very tempted to get some of those wheels, copies of course.

I've not forgot your A/C diagrams......... my scanner is broke
      sigpic
      "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
      BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
      1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
      2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

lol well these are still available

thats ok mate, I know you've been busy lately, I just want to have a job so I can finish this off and sort a load of other stuff out.

Comment

I'm sure it will all come good for you

As well as pin D6 there is another cable to add to that loom, you need to take a wire from the compressor relay main feed to pin C3. Only realised this when I glanced at the diagrams a few minutes after you left

Also remember to keep a look out for:

Sunlight sensor
          internal temp sensor fan
          external temp sensor
          H suffix A/c head unit

Whats the tyre like on them rims?
          sigpic
          "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
          BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
          1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
          2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Originally posted by rj scotty View Post
            I'm sure it will all come good for you

As well as pin D6 there is another cable to add to that loom, you need to take a wire from the compressor relay main feed to pin C3. Only realised this when I glanced at the diagrams a few minutes after you left

Also remember to keep a look out for:

Sunlight sensor
            internal temp sensor fan
            external temp sensor
            H suffix A/c head unit

Whats the tyre like on them rims?
            Yeah I have those two other headunits to get rid of. I need to spend some time with the car and get stuff started to be put in, just a pita when its so far away so I can't go out for an hour or so to work on it.

only two of the rims currently have tyres on, those are legal I just never got around to getting the other two tyres as lack of job put paid to that.

Comment

Nice project and a good read Pete, its come a long way since you showed me it in the paint shop.. Looks good on the splits.
              Stuart
              B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

photobucket SUCKS
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SE_30 View Post
                  Nice project and a good read Pete, its come a long way since you showed me it in the paint shop.. Looks good on the splits.
                  Yeah there is still a bit to do before its on the road, its just having the money to get up to work on it which I have not for a while now which is annoying. Nearly everything I need is with the car except a couple of small brake bits for the porsche callipers and the downpipe section of the exhaust. It will be interesting to see what it goes like. Another forum member said to switch it to a s2 6 speed box instead of the tdi as it would be a lot quicker then so I might do in the future, just depends on the job front.

Yeah the bbs rims are nice on it but not staying, The s8's are getting sorted before its on the road and the bbs rims are up for sale. You're car is coming along well I helped aiden do quite a bit of it, just needs that final push then it can be started up and run in.

Comment

"four foot snake" pete.....I'm stunned by this project...I know you were collecting bits but hats off to you matey....it looks fantastic

I assume you got the sunroof seal sorted....

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                      "four foot snake" pete.....I'm stunned by this project...I know you were collecting bits but hats off to you matey....it looks fantastic

I assume you got the sunroof seal sorted....
                      yes mate thats sorted now and its all back in. The majority of the cars ready just two things (well three if you count money) is stopping it from all going back together. Both of which currently out of my hands.

Comment

Liking this a lot Pete, hopefully you can work some magic on my old boat soon!
                        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten View Post
                          Liking this a lot Pete, hopefully you can work some magic on my old boat soon!
                          cheers mate, well if we can get yours down to mine i'll fit the engine etc.

Comment

Pete, what's wrong with you? You had the UrQ project almost finished and now you sold it and are spending your time on a bloody Avant????? I lost you somewhere.......

Comment

lol got bored of the urq.

Comment

I started working on those parts for you today mate
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X