No announcement yet.

1981 UrQuattro story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes it is a big shame, but it was scarified so the urquattro could live...
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• so i had to remove the height adjustment on the seat subframes to make them low enough for me, and i also made them to go a little more backwards than normal

low is low, under the level of the door seal

tomorrow i have an appointment with the seat trimmer, i hope the price will be human
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• What is the position like now? Shame the frames were too high.

Comment

• the sitting position is still not perfect, as for me the pedals are always way too close to me. i now have a long hub for the steering wheel, a snap off hub, and now i will also add a 1" spacer. if that doesent work, i will cut my legs off
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Are you that long legged then? I'm not the shortest but have not had any problems so far in my cars.

Comment

• well i always had problems, always had to modify seats to fit in... im 198cm long...
              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• That's pretty tall indeed, I'm 1.92 m. so my legs will be a bit shorter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sküll View Post
                  just facelifted the rear end, that bumper will be a project for the winter...

What tail lights are these? Or what did you do?

Comment

• http://homepage.internet.lu/customau.../CAC850001.jpg

These which are not for sale anymore as the shop closed forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sküll View Post
                      the sitting position is still not perfect, as for me the pedals are always way too close to me. i now have a long hub for the steering wheel, a snap off hub, and now i will also add a 1" spacer. if that doesent work, i will cut my legs off
                      I feel you. On my project Compi which has a bucket seat I have positioned the seat further back than the original seat's position, so my feet are in a good position, but then I had to add around 16 cm (or little more) of spacers and a steering wheel quick release to get the steering wheel position right (when you put your wrist on the top of the steering wheel your should should still be touching the seat). And I'm only 190 cm The taller you are, the more disproportional your arms and legs become in regard to pedal box and steering wheel.

Comment

• Fantastic work. Skull - You really are tempting me to buy a S2 and start the long and expenive road to returning back to glory.

Do you have a high res version of this picture?

I would love to use it as my laptop wallpaper.
                        Thanks

Comment

• well thanx Rav. I have a larger pic yes, send me your email address by PM and ill send it to you
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• got the recaros back from the trimmer. they didnt turn out exactly as i wanted them, but they will be ok for now...

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• They look good though and match the rest of the original interior I think?

What is not as you wanted then?

Comment

• the grooves in the middle should be flat not round like this, they used too thick foam under the leather...
                                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                                X