No announcement yet.

URS6 estate overhaul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great thread and a great car - looks like the same colour as my s6 - blue-that-sometimes-looks-purple!!

will be really interested to see how you get on with the headlamp skooshers as a lack of this has put me off buying one of these cars in the past - i can't believe that it wasn't a standard fit on a top of the range car like the s6 and looks-oh-so-cool!!

best of luck.

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
      great thread and a great car - looks like the same colour as my s6 - blue-that-sometimes-looks-purple!!

will be really interested to see how you get on with the headlamp skooshers as a lack of this has put me off buying one of these cars in the past - i can't believe that it wasn't a standard fit on a top of the range car like the s6 and looks-oh-so-cool!!

best of luck.

Thanks dodger,i will do my best as the car deserves it!

Cheers for the compliment I don't think it will be too hard to do the headlamp washers as my parts car is 3 paces away and as long as i keep an eye out should be straightforward.Just the wiring might,probably will stump me.

The penny dropped last night whilst rummaging through myebay! So you bought the S6 Saloon from Aberystwyth.It was only on a couple of days. A nice enjoyable drive i expect through wales on the way back up to Scotland. Did it go through the MOT ok?
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

For headlight washers i used this stalk, the button is originaly for intensive wash, but since my UrS6 didnt have it i thought to use it for headlight washers. The original washer logic seemed annoying for my use, we have 24/7 lit lights, so the headlights would be always washed if i wanted to soak the windscreen for 3s or more even in daytime.

So instead i hooked it up to a relay, a fuse and installed it to activate from intensive wash button. Installing it and wiring it up took me only few hours.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
          For headlight washers i used this stalk, the button is originaly for intensive wash, but since my UrS6 didnt have it i thought to use it for headlight washers. The original washer logic seemed annoying for my use, we have 24/7 lit lights, so the headlights would be always washed if i wanted to soak the windscreen for 3s or more even in daytime.

So instead i hooked it up to a relay, a fuse and installed it to activate from intensive wash button. Installing it and wiring it up took me only few hours.
          Your idea is a great one! Unfortunately i am no auto electrician and most probably will stick with this if it's easy enough to swap over into the S6 but you never know

These pictures here are from my mega low mileage 2.8 30V C4 dealer demonstrator with headlamp wash which although i don't want anymore feel incredibly lucky to have owned 7 years and now can use it for some mint/as new parts for the S6.The parts car is a march 97. I have taken pictures of washer stalk and the cruise stalk as i want to instal that too. Those stalks should be fine?What do you think?
          Cheers Mark.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 20 June 2014, 22:00.
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
            Thanks dodger,i will do my best as the car deserves it!

Cheers for the compliment I don't think it will be too hard to do the headlamp washers as my parts car is 3 paces away and as long as i keep an eye out should be straightforward.Just the wiring might,probably will stump me.

The penny dropped last night whilst rummaging through myebay! So you bought the S6 Saloon from Aberystwyth.It was only on a couple of days. A nice enjoyable drive i expect through wales on the way back up to Scotland. Did it go through the MOT ok?
            yes, that's the one. bought it from a guy with a broken nose and a black eye! it drove up the road really well - no knocks, whines etc. i stopped off at the girlfriend's in lancaster and then continued the journey north in the rain and that's when the misfire was noted. this only sorted itself once i put the new plugs in (and serviced it too). went through the mot no bother at all.

i think i'm hooked on the power, the total silence inside and the sheer comfort when driving! it looks a bit tatty but getting better every time i set about it.

here's something that arrived in the post the other day - wouldn't you have loved to been able to buy one brand new back in the day?!

Comment

Amazing, buy a car with a couple of weeks ticket and it still goes through the MOT.Nice to hear a leap of faith turns out smelling of roses! Looks like you did well.

I totally agree,the power is great and even better when you drive a 280 bhp chipped one as i did few months back..A definite must in my opinion and for around £160 (plug for prj). Yes i would have loved to have bought a new one But i bought a house in 1993 and don't regret that

Ebay is a great source for brochures.Here's a nice pic.

Attached Files
              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

that's a gorgeous looking car - and with the necessary (in my book) headlamp skooshers too!! what year is that catalogue??

you can see from this shot that the skooshers on my s6 have been sabotaged at some point - i can only assume that the offside one was leaking hence someone cut and kinked the tube to stop it leaking further. this had happened with the same side on the quattro when i bought it - seems that mother audi doesn't want me to have such functioning adornments on my cars!!

do these skooshers protrude electrically (ie by a 2 motors) or is it purely the pressure of the water being sent through them that moves them forward to jet the headlamps?
                Last edited by geneandbolly; 21 June 2014, 23:17.

Comment

May I ask, why people like the skooshers so much?
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Stalk with button that Zoig posted is the thing. Iv'e done this kind of washer setup on my car and my friends C4. It's easy to do on C4

Comment

for kids of the 70s (well, 60s actually but don't tell anyone), only the top of the range cars at the time had headlamp skoosh/ skoosh & wipe and it signified that you'd bought the best.

these days any old shitbox on the street has them!

Comment

Now I feel like keeping them, so when going to meets, I can show kids from 50's... sorry 70's, that I have bought a top ride
                        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Thanks mdz So what model car had these installed and is it a straight swap with no mods? I would like to get one now.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                            that's a gorgeous looking car - and with the necessary (in my book) headlamp skooshers too!! what year is that catalogue??

you can see from this shot that the skooshers on my s6 have been sabotaged at some point - i can only assume that the offside one was leaking hence someone cut and kinked the tube to stop it leaking further. this had happened with the same side on the quattro when i bought it - seems that mother audi doesn't want me to have such functioning adornments on my cars!!

do these skooshers protrude electrically (ie by a 2 motors) or is it purely the pressure of the water being sent through them that moves them forward to jet the headlamps?
                            I don't think it would be that difficult to rectify that just awkward situated where it is.
                            The washers are operated on pressure only i think.I have only partly removed them at the moment.
                            The gorgeous car is a Missano Red S6 from a 6/96 Audi Brochure.
                            Here is another Gorgeous S6 in Nogaro Blue.

Attached Files
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                              Now I feel like keeping them, so when going to meets, I can show kids from 50's... sorry 70's, that I have bought a top ride
                              you're beginnin' to get the..fundamentals of it, son!!

Comment

It's been a while but been busy trying to sell some of my old car parts i have collected over the years to fund the S6 overhaul which isn't easy in this economy.Still have loads left but getting there slowly.

I have managed to sell enough car parts and chattels now to fund some suspension work on the S6 estate and as a start am looking at Bilstein B6 shocks.

Any of you guys bought any lately or know of a really competitive price for a set?
                                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X