URS6 estate overhaul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    After a long delay at the powder coaters (he is extremely busy and there is a que)my wheels were collected almost a week ago.I have used them before and am really pleased with the results again. He said they were in great condition compared to the usual heavy corroded alloy he sees because they had spray painted before.So great news there!

Here's a picture of one taken late yesterday evening with 1 of the new hubcaps audi kindly provided and will get a pic soon with all 4 on the car.

looking good, do you have the part number for the wheel centers? I will be restoring my wheels soon.

Thanks

Ivan

Comment

Thanks Ivan.The part no is 8NO 601 165 A Z17. Audi definitely have these so should be no problem getting hold of a set at around £100 when i bought mine over a year ago.

Cheers Mark.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
        Nice car

Looking forward to the updates. Good choice of tyre as well. Are the wheels pictured the Plus spec ones your getting refured?
        My bad.....but better late than never. Yes the ones pictured on the car were not perfect so they are the ones i got refurbed.Sorry Mate.
        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Are you sure they are not NEW wheels, they look fab

Comment

Cheers mate,refurb for the set was £260 if your wheels are perfectly true.I am very pleased with them.
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

nice job, mark - just one of the many things i'd like to get done on the old tub...

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                nice job, mark - just one of the many things i'd like to get done on the old tub...

Cheers Craig.I know what you mean,it's sometimes difficult to stay focused with everything else in life getting in the way not to mention the money needed but it's well worth it in the end buddy! Think of the smiles yours will give you each time you drive her out when some of the jobs are done.
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

well, i drove it up to glasgow yesterday and was on the motorway for a bit and was sitting there in absolute silence and tapped the tub on top of the old dashboard and said, "what a ****ing awesome old car you are!"

Comment

I thought I am the only one who does that, I guess I was wrong.
                    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I would be doing that too fellas but mines of the road at the mo.

I can't wait to get here back on the black stuff driving and riding like a new one late at night when it's quiet playing some of this dark brooding interesting German/Swiss electronic tunes Bit like the car then!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twX6WqRrya8
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

i was listening to this at the time and was thinking that my player was needing a clean until i remembered something called "a record player" and it's associated hiss!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjLBlT-dOc

this is also a great tune that had me grinning from ear to ear - i always thought it was roxy music that sang it . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkYkeeM8qIA

Comment

Funny you should mention record players i haven't owned one for 20 years but i won one on ebay,my hand was forced , about 9 months ago as i still have my collection of 12" singles and albums. It's a Pink Triangle Export but still cannot afford a cartridge just waiting for the right moment.

Craftwork,who can forget them and their work but the second one a great forgotten tune.I haven't heard that since when i don't know but brings back happy memories of those days.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

channel 4 used the kraftwerk tune to great effect in 1986 for their tour de france show - i still have it ringing in my ears when i'm grovelling up a long climb on me bike!!

Comment

Guys.. your music taste is horrible.
                              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

i take it you're not in your 40s, janis!!

Comment

Working...
                                X