Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanna brag for a bit

Comment

• Noice! Surely worthy of a wee brag.

Comment

• Awesome wheels!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post
            Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
            Awesome wheels!
            Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
            Noice! Surely worthy of a wee brag.
            Thanks buds, looking forward to the season!

Comment

• 2018 - Part 8

Well, the dyno kinda went to **** :/
              Long story short - Despite tinkering with the control pressure to the best of my abilities, I lack fuel.

The guy that ran the dyno was cool and let me play around a bit on the dyno, but no matter what I did it starved out right after 4500rpm
              Dyno-man suggested cold-start injectors with pressure switches. Something I've thought about before, but it feels like kind of a redneck solution.

On the other hand, I have no other solution (besides another management system ofc), and I already have everything beside the switches, so it would be cheap
              But I'm open to suggestions...

Anyway,
              193whp
              315wnm

Comment

• 2018 - Part 9

After 3 weeks I've come nowhere regarding the fuel, but I did get her to her yearly inspection!
                Wasn't a lot of things to do. Re-install the cat and mount the bumper.

But 'few things' ≠ little work...

When I did the replacement pipe for the cat, I didn't really think things through... So I ended up doing this really top-notch, HIGH PERFORMANCE piece!
                Doesn't really matter since it's just for inspection.

While mounting the bumper I wanted to do something about my yellowish fog lights.
                I was planning on taking them apart and spraying them black/silver, but wanted to try it out on another set I had laying around first.
                To my surprise, they where already black with a reflector. So I took the time to fix that set instead.

Inspection went as expected! And if you have a really nice old car, they give you this
                'Goldstar for a well maintained vehicle'

As I mentioned there has been no work spent on fuel. I've had trouble with part orders and then my welder broke.
                I got that back Friday and should pick up the last piece of the fuel-puzzle tomorrow, so we should have everything sorted for next weekend!

Comment

• My fog lights are very yellow and let the front of my car down. The yellow doesn't affect how much light they give out as that only comes out of the projector style unit but, it looks awful and faded and old. I have heard that putting the light in the oven on low temp for a while softens the adhesive/sealant that holds the glass on. If that works I shall paint any yellow with a nice fresh silver. Have you ever successfully opened up a fog light?...

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                    My fog lights are very yellow and let the front of my car down. The yellow doesn't affect how much light they give out as that only comes out of the projector style unit but, it looks awful and faded and old. I have heard that putting the light in the oven on low temp for a while softens the adhesive/sealant that holds the glass on. If that works I shall paint any yellow with a nice fresh silver. Have you ever successfully opened up a fog light?...
                    Me personally have not opened up a pair. But I do have a friend that have done it!
                    Supposedly works just fine

Comment

• Comment

• I've done it too. Worked fine, still needed patience when cracking them open though.

Comment

• 2018 - Part 10 [Final!?]

Goooood morning peeps!
                          Let there be fuel!

The setups is as follows;
                          2 pressure-switches that activates 2 cold start valves when it reaches the set pressure.

One of them is piggybacked on the valve already mounted on the intake, the other one is connected to a separate valve mounted on the intake pipe
                          The switches takes pressure from the intake, and fuel for the extra valve comes from a extra long banjo on the stock one.

Both switches, the banjo and some hose put me back a bit under ~150€

Proof of concept

The switches fit perfectly by the old battery box!

Double-banjo, M8x1.0 Not the easiest to get a hold of...

And the mount for the new valve. A tight fit as always.
                          The head of the bolt is maybe 5mm from the front piece

30min after getting put back together we test-drove our way to a local meet followed by a cruise around town
                          Feels like the season has finally begun!

So did it work?
                          Oh yes, there's a noticeable difference. The car has a little 'step' when the valves open and the AFR dips down to 10's
                          With a bit of fine tuning I should be able to smooth the curve out a bit, but hard to do without the bench.

Supposedly it gets pretty smokey so now all my friends says I have a 'sweet D24' and ask me to 'roll coal you b1tch'
                          Hopefully it's enough for the whole register during load aswell, but she pulls alot harder on the second half of the RPM-range which is a good sign.
                          The rest of the season is probabaly gonna be like last season. Mostly tinkering and pics from meets.
                          And ofc I'm heading back to the dyno to try to tune the fuel and get a fair number.

BUT THE SEASON IS HERE BOYS!

Comment

• Nice project! I had to login for the first time in years.
                            I drive Audi 100 Sport Turbo Quattro and I wonder what happened to the typ44?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snow Racer View Post
                              Nice project! I had to login for the first time in years.
                              I drive Audi 100 Sport Turbo Quattro and I wonder what happened to the typ44?
                              Welcome back!

The donor-car? That thing got crushed yeeaars ago now.
                              When I took it it had been sitting for a while and when I was done stealing stuff there wasn't much left

Comment

• Awesome work! Looks very clean!
                                -1989 Audi Coupé 2017-...
                                -1986 Audi 90 2.2 2014-2017 Daily classic
                                -1993 Audi 80 1.9TDI |recycling OEM parts| 2013-2014
                                -1990 Audi 90 2.3 USA 2012-2013

Comment

Working...
                                X