No announcement yet.

Project 84 Days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I didn't even know the engine would fit with the battery box still there, must be tight

Comment

Your almost there now. Good work.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Small things

Radiator and plumbing is all in:

This is the condition of the old coolant hose fittings:

Got a 'new' old OEM Muffler, cleaned it a bit:

Old and 'new", can't believe this was on there:

Mounted:

Gunna put this in as well, Magnaflow high flow cat, attached to the v-band that matches the downpipe:

Airbox and coolant filled:

Bumper ONish:

Installed HIDs into the projector housings of the RS2 Headlights, i'm pleased with how it turned out:

lights installed:

New tires mounted on the wheels as well:

Thats all for now.

Still Needs:
        Exhaust tied together
        Alignment
        Coolant fully bled
        ???? Any random problems that could pop up
        then just general cleaning and finishing off small 'wants'

8 Days left...

Comment

It looks like a car again, well done. It shouldn't be a problem now to get it ready in time.

Comment

K, here is the weekend update:

put her back on all 4 again:

It was able to move under its own power, which is good:

Drove it down to the alignment shop:

I was hoping to drop it off at the exhaust shop after the alignment, however I didn't get the car down to them early enough to make it all happen.

Drove moderately well. Loud, but well. Had a big rattle and clunking sound from the passenger front so when i got it back home i took a look, and it was the strut mount, but it was actually a poorly installed strut mount. So i wrestled the top bolt off and had to reseat the castle nut (that is the part i didn't properly seat), then it all fit back together. the clutch was feeling a bit lazy as well so i tried to bleed it, i ended up covering myself in brake fluid, but it felt better today when i drove it so perhaps my messy approach was still functional.

It is very hard for me to see things dirty and not want to clean them, but the truth is, it takes HOURS upon HOURS to clean everything properly, and due to my tight time table, it isn't the top priority with this build, but i still take time to do some work:

After:

the paint on this car cleans up so nice, i wish i had more time/money to dedicate towards a proper detail.

Made a small converter for the reverse light switch, the harness i have is expecting an 01e, i have an 01a, so i made a quick removable conversion in the event that i upgrade to an 01e, there won't be any cutting or splicing needed.

Got lights on and I'm feeling good about the car:

Still working on a grill solution, not sure how I feel about the B3 hood look, i thought it would have come out better, but now i'm a bit on the fence.

I dropped it off at the exhaust shop this morning.
            ~4 days left...

Comment

Well... i think we are well past the 4 days left mark... any updates on how it went?

Comment

Alright I'll update the masses. I sort of took a small hiatus from cars and such after the Battleborn Event. I worked a lot of nights and weekends getting this car ready and neglected my family a bit, so I figured I'd take a couple weeks after the event and try to be a model citizen again.

First off; No, The car did not make it to battle born. However I still feel like I achieved my goal in building the car in the time allotted. The fact of the matter is, while the car was running and driving, with all major components assembled. I had a radiator with leaking end tanks and a clutch master cylinder that wasn't returning like it should. I didn't want to press my luck and drive 6 hours each way through the desert with a radiator i knew was already leaking. Regardless of these unforeseeable problems, I'm still pleased with the outcome.

On to pic update:

Exhaust tied together. used 3" iroz downpipe, to v-band, v-band to 2.5 reducer, into a 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, into the stock exhaust. It is quiet as a mouse fart (a bit too quiet to be honest).

As it sat at the exhaust shop;

The nail in the coffin:

I also had a problem with my breather, dumb mistake by me, i tried to run it all together in one hose, dont know what i was thinking, i was probably operating on small amounts of sleep:

this is what it looked like:

this was the result:

Pressurizing the crankcase and forcing oil and air out of the oil cap...

fixed it and ended up using my catch can:

and that is where i left it before the battle born event.

I picked up my other seat at Battleborn (thanks Chris!) and so i've got the fully converted black leather interior done now:

(dont mind the stereo, i put it in my other car for the trip to bbq)

A few weeks before the event a b4 model 90 popped up for sale locally for pretty cheap (sub 1k, fwd automatic), it was pearl and i shot the guy a message explaining I was interested in parts of the car and that if he didn't find a buyer, that i would be happy to buy the hood off of him, or pay him more for the car than a junkyard would, i wished him good luck with the sale and he sent a reply thanking me and that if nothing happened with it, he would keep my offer in mind. Sure enough the week after battleborn he sent me a message telling me he had had almost no interest in the car and wanted it gone. I sent him some screenshots from some of the local junkyards that give offers over the web and they were extremely sad. (less than 150 bucks), he called a couple local wreckers and said they weren't even taking FREE cars. He said if i want the car i could have it for $350 bucks. I told him, I'd be his buyer and went and picked it up the next morning, DROVE it home on the freeway about an hour or so drive, kept it at 80mph the whole way with no problems. It has now become my hood donor and will provide parts to many others around the world:

Donor car:

And the hood in its new home:

Now here are some shots of the car to break the monotony of having pictures of it always sitting in my driveway...

The mural was recently finished by a local artist www.srilart.com he does some amazing work!

Comment

stunning result my friend! nice work!
                  im glad the seat went to a nice cq!

I think my seats wap came out good:
                  sigpic

Comment

Looking good. Shame it didnt make it to the event but as you say its best not to chance a leaky radiator in teh desert lol.

Well done still! Hats off to you on such a massive task in such a short time

Comment

Working...
                    X