No announcement yet.

UrQ 600ps project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even at 700+ I recon you'll be doing well to keep with a 12c. The video will be interesting
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Even at 700+ I recon you'll be doing well to keep with a 12c. The video will be interesting

I agree. Its silly to expect a 25 year old car no matter how modded to square up to a 200K Macca. But clutching at straws from a purely theoretical perspective its "perceptibly close" at least in my mind having driven the mclaren and sat in Johns quattro with "only" 550ps for now. Sure from a standing quarter there's no way we will cover in 9seconds even with 1000hp BUT a roll on is a different ball game in my book- with more torque and better power to weight IF we hit over 700. We will defo make a vid though even if we bite the dust as will be great fun and also vbox both machines.

All said and done I don't want a lag monster, fair enough if we get a big figure we get one on e85...realistcally, im gonna keep a barrel in my garage and use it like creed aventus, but thats purely a bonus, i'm after a fast drive-able car around 600ps that boosts around 3500 rpm.

I think your brothers car is going to be the killer....having seen the rims and what's going to get done! Monster.

Comment

Looks a great car, funny from memory it was mine that gave John the inspiration. Funny how it rolls on...

I think you will be surprised just how quick it is, I've had nothing give me trouble at all from point to point, I've turned the power down on mine it was beginning to become to much for enjoyment and required to much constant concentration... As dull as it sounds I think a turbo that comes in early and gives you a brutal 450bhp is as much as you need for an everyday UR street weapon...

Great project keep the pictures coming...

All the best

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr38ky View Post
          I agree. Its silly to expect a 25 year old car no matter how modded to square up to a 200K Macca. But clutching at straws from a purely theoretical perspective its "perceptibly close" at least in my mind having driven the mclaren and sat in Johns quattro with "only" 550ps for now. Sure from a standing quarter there's no way we will cover in 9seconds even with 1000hp BUT a roll on is a different ball game in my book- with more torque and better power to weight IF we hit over 700. We will defo make a vid though even if we bite the dust as will be great fun and also vbox both machines.

All said and done I don't want a lag monster, fair enough if we get a big figure we get one on e85...realistcally, im gonna keep a barrel in my garage and use it like creed aventus, but thats purely a bonus, i'm after a fast drive-able car around 600ps that boosts around 3500 rpm.

I think your brothers car is going to be the killer....having seen the rims and what's going to get done! Monster.
          For good pull from 3500 rpm and 600 bhp you will need a stroker
          My urq project is a stroker with billet gt35r and 600 bhp is my goal on pump and more on special sauce. I'm expecting full boost over 4 k rpm....

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Link to my somewhat less tidy urq project. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77739

Comment

Originally posted by DJones View Post
              Looks a great car, funny from memory it was mine that gave John the inspiration. Funny how it rolls on...

I think you will be surprised just how quick it is, I've had nothing give me trouble at all from point to point, I've turned the power down on mine it was beginning to become to much for enjoyment and required to much constant concentration... As dull as it sounds I think a turbo that comes in early and gives you a brutal 450bhp is as much as you need for an everyday UR street weapon...

Great project keep the pictures coming...

All the best

Darren
              Thanks Darren. Yes its funny how peoples cars create a domino effect. I totally get what your saying, even with 360 hp the car was as quick on a pull as a stock R8 V10 and I mean level pegged all the way to 145mph. So with 450 bhp Its probably the realistic limit to being a total weapon. Initially thats what I wanted. A bigger intercooler and whatever we could push to on stock internals. However when I saw what Mr. Wain was swashbucking (excuse the pun) I thought I want a bit of that too. Will have to get your car out with mine and johns at some point.

Best
              Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr38ky View Post
                Thanks Darren. Yes its funny how peoples cars create a domino effect. I totally get what your saying, even with 360 hp the car was as quick on a pull as a stock R8 V10 and I mean level pegged all the way to 145mph. So with 450 bhp Its probably the realistic limit to being a total weapon. Initially thats what I wanted. A bigger intercooler and whatever we could push to on stock internals. However when I saw what Mr. Wain was swashbucking (excuse the pun) I thought I want a bit of that too. Will have to get your car out with mine and johns at some point.

Best
                Adam.
                That would be fun.... I built mine as a torque monster as opposed to bhp monster and it's properly savage through the gears.. Interestingly I've got a 911turbo with nearly 700 bhp now and the quattro will show it who's boss up to 100. Fantastic cars shame Audi don't try so hard anymore....

All the best

Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                  For good pull from 3500 rpm and 600 bhp you will need a stroker
                  My urq project is a stroker with billet gt35r and 600 bhp is my goal on pump and more on special sauce. I'm expecting full boost over 4 k rpm....

Sounds good. Would be nice to see what the difference is. How long have you got to go with yours? Any pics? Feel free to post on this thread I dont mind.... I was thinking of a stroker diesel block for mine but wanted to keep to the original 2.2 setup. Less torque but still no slouch. Perhaps ill do a stroker on mine in a few years when Im bored of the 2.2 and want more power.

Comment

Have a look at the thread I posted. I already have a stroker in my Urs4 and it's a great way of lowered the rpm power starts to come in at. It lowered spool by about 15%. Have a look at jp a urs6 stroker 2 ton bug squasher thread for a power graph of a 650 plus bhp stroker with all the right bits.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                      Have a look at the thread I posted. I already have a stroker in my Urs4 and it's a great way of lowered the rpm power starts to come in at. It lowered spool by about 15%. Have a look at jp a urs6 stroker 2 ton bug squasher thread for a power graph of a 650 plus bhp stroker with all the right bits.

Coolio...will take a look. Saw the article on jp's car last month in audi tuner...ironically was at Ish's workshop getting something done to the gearbox when I went into see mine.

Comment

Updated pics. Still missing the custom fabricated rad cover and an engine detailing to get the oily finger marks and dust off.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just saw this pic on Jonus Racing page a few days ago and i knew i saw this engine bay somewhere.
                          When are you planning to map it? Curious about the result as i was planing to buy some cams from Jonus but don't really have the cash for now so i'll just stick with my 7A's. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bn-01-wso View Post
                            Just saw this pic on Jonus Racing page a few days ago and i knew i saw this engine bay somewhere.
                            When are you planning to map it? Curious about the result as i was planing to buy some cams from Jonus but don't really have the cash for now so i'll just stick with my 7A's. Good luck
                            Hey there. Thanks. Yes it has been built in accordance with jonus racing specs. We couldnt map the car on a dyno properly as the dyno broke but he did some on road mapping and programmed the ecu as much as he could to set the car up on a running in map to loosen the engine for a proper dyno session again soon. Ive not driven the car yet but will give a full evaluation when i drive it!

Comment

do you still gonna use the origional radiator?
                              with 520 hp on my engine the cooling was not good enough so i placed a alu 70mm radiator from vidar here on the forum with a rs2 500w fan.....
                              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                              AEM W/M injection

Comment

How many watts is the stock urq fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X