UrQ 600ps project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when is mapping?
    I think John said Jonus is coming over at Christmas maybe?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I don't know tbh Alex. Johns in charge of organising it all.

Truthfully Im in no rush. There are still a few unforseen gremlins to sort out in the meantime that iv'e noticed during my limited time driving. And I want to put an accusump on the car before we go mapping it as an extra safety measure.

Comment

small update:

Have taken the car back now from Ish for running in for a few weeks before mapping. Got to do the usual checking fluid levels listening for things etc so that any un-forseen niggles can be ironed out pre-mapping.

Although the car has absolutely no power or timing it still can reach about 90mph. nevertheless I took the car straight down for a full 3 day paint correction and then it went to Steve Sullivan at Mint Condition UK for a full front end Protection Film Wrap incl. Sides and rear bumper. Steve did a mega job. After the PPF I had the car ceramic coated at the detailer's again for ultimate protection.

I now have the car back at home. It was a great feeling driving it back with the neighbours wondering what the racecar noise was haha they all came out to look. They are going to hate me! lol.
        Had some admirers at the local garage and thumbs up from other cars. Its such a favourite to those who know what it is.

I took the car on a little handling "test" to see what the new bits like V3 suspension and wavetrac diff really feel like when leaned on. Have to say its got phenominal grip and handling is super sweet. The steering feel is still as superb as its always been full of feel and directly connected but what struck me was how much the lateral grip has improved. The balance is superb and yet the suspension isn't even set up properly for me yet! A bend I could only take in my Golf GTD at 75mph max (which trust me is a quick cornering car mid corner) I easily managed 85mph in the quattro, the car remained totally flat and still loads more to go, I simply couldn't go any faster due to the de-tuned engine. So am chuffed to bits really. I just cant wait for it to develop some serious power next! I am also pleased to learn Pirelli Trofeo R's now come in my size for even more grip.

Comment

Working...
        X