No announcement yet.

Julian's 91 200 20vt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright guys (girls?) I got about an inch of oil in the sender hole so the valve is obscured. So shall I blow the $486 on a new oil pump or pull the check valve to see if its a restriction? OR run the motor another minute in hopes it actually starts spraying like a male cat? I had it running about a minute until I could adjust lambda at idle and it was actually pretty damn on already

PS VEMS

Comment

I have to give that f##ker his 8mm MAC tool back tomorrow too. I feel like pulling the valve is a small price to pay for performing this check on pressure. Ill show up to his shop in a clown suit for blood though if I find its been crushed due to the wrong stud being installed. I'm sure Id have to drop the pan and correct a stud issue if that's the case. Wasn't planning on ruining all my subframe bushings just yet.

Comment

Gah! I'm leaning toward faulty checkvalve possibly? This is the extent of damage to it below but when I tried to start the car with it out oil came shooting out and it didn't even actually start! That was a split second of rotation only
        What do you guys think?
        Attached Files

Comment

Sooooo... shall I replace with 046103175A or the original p/n?

Comment

Or 077103175B ?

Comment

It looks like you got off fairly lightly. Usually the valve gets completely crushed, yours just seems to have the threads smeared. But it's the first time I hear that crushed valve blocks oil flow...

I replaced mine with 077103175B.

Comment

This is gonna sound odd but I ordered both valves. Ecstuning is only the next state over from me anyway

Comment

So I just got back from the shop. My machinist had a peon do the work so he didn't know if his guy cross threaded it. He still wants to help. His employee is on vacation this week too.

Anyway guys mark this one down. The valve was crushed so it stuck CLOSED! The shop owner took a punch to press the valve. Wouldn't move at all until he really leaned into it. Now its stuck open but won't be going anywhere except on a lapel lol. New ones inbound

Comment

Went to the gas station!! Only problem is the oil pressure sender is making the gauge read way past 5 bar like its pegged but it reads 0 bar with key in run position before starting the engine. As soon as it starts it pegs itself. I tried switching the wires and this way seems more normal than the other way's behavior. The old sender does the same crap lol. I didnt drive it long enough to see the pressure drop to the usual 2 bar.

Comment

this looks like the gauge I bought: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...0-3-bar-switch

Comment

dir I mean SENDER

Comment

Can't help buty notice this thread has gone radio silent... Anyway, this sender is garbage! The new FAE one I mean. I tried it again and the gauge climbs like normal to around 2 bar and then plummets past zero and sits. The OE sender reads 0 when engine off and above 5 when one. I'm putting the old one back in to see what happens with the engine up to temp. Here we come new $180 sender lol

Comment

Good news you have oil pressure, hopefully just pressure monitoring issues now.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 88a5tq View Post
                              Can't help buty notice this thread has gone radio silent... Anyway, this sender is garbage! The new FAE one I mean. I tried it again and the gauge climbs like normal to around 2 bar and then plummets past zero and sits. The OE sender reads 0 when engine off and above 5 when one. I'm putting the old one back in to see what happens with the engine up to temp. Here we come new $180 sender lol
                              I have FAE sender in mine, no issues with it...

Comment

Thanks guys I'm also hopeful! Ya that's pretty odd as this one seems to climb normally until its just dives to zero. At accessory position with key, it sits a little above 0 lilke its f#cked up. Very strange. Maybe I should send it back

Comment

Working...
                                X