To swb or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To swb or not

Hi guys I ve slowly collected a few cars in my time in view to build a swb sport but now I m thinking do I go the whole 80 2dr route or just a shortened coupe or even just a normal LWB ? Dilemmas

Originally posted by Lefrog View Post
    Hi guys I ve slowly collected a few cars in my time in view to build a swb sport but now I m thinking do I go the whole 80 2dr route or just a shortened coupe or even just a normal LWB ? Dilemmas

LWB Sport is the best looking version IMO and better handling on the road, the only reason audi ever shortened the car was to get it round tight hairpins quicker and even the drivers said it made the car more difficult to drive in all but the tightest sections.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Although, an 80 2door saloon with quattro arches would be awesome too!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

I personally think SWB cars look like clown cars, and 2 door 80 wins my vote!
        1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
        1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
        BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

LWB SQ indeed or newsh' other suggestion

Comment

Ideas

What I ment by 80 2dr was use the front screen panel with the coupe rear end to make a swb although now I m thinking of a 80 2dr Quattro with arches and full 20v t conversion

Comment

What I ment by 80 2dr was use the front screen panel with the coupe rear end to make a swb although now I m thinking of a 80 2dr Quattro with arches and full 20v t conversion
              Have you got 2 door 80 quattro?
              sigpic_________
              Rob

Comment

Swb

Yeah it's battered and rusty not really ever be roadworthy was brought for screen surround but have another couple available if I want but strong money to me for something I d cut up.

Comment

Yeah it's battered and rusty not really ever be roadworthy was brought for screen surround but have another couple available if I want but strong money to me for something I d cut up.
                  I have solid 2 door 80 non quattro and I would exchange for 80 quattro.
                  sigpic_________
                  Rob

Comment

Sorry didn't read you message fully it's not a Quattro just a 2dr i ve got a floor to convert from a 4dr .

Comment

80 2 dr or Sport quattro road version ( with correct dash , etc ) .... I would be confused if I had options

Comment

Swb

I m slightly leaning towards a Swb sport but fully trimmed with oe look normal belts Quattro seats etc .nice subtle colour .

Comment

I am going for a SQ replica naked with all sorts of strengthening and drive it just for fun!
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

07K Swb with correct pillars and original CQ as daily

Comment

If it was me I'd leave it as a long wheel base quattro. A short wheel base won't handle as nicely.

A B2 with a I5 20vt and quattro would be lovely as with just a chip the power to weight ratio would be very good, and such a car would be a very nice sleeper.

But that's just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X