Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Tradition, Remanufacturing parts

Hi All
    Received an E-Mail today from Audi Tradition regarding the remanufacture of deleted parts, may be of interest to some of you, Translated from german to English but readable

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    We would like to inform you that on Tuesday, 07/10/2012 The steering wheel badge 8A0419685C is available again (see picture attached).
    In a few weeks back also available: Refrigerant Hose 8A0260701AF
    Unfortunately, we are still waiting for an offer to the sill 8A0853491A 01C and 01C 8A0853492A, but hopeful, they are able to return soon as the original offer new part.
    Other parts in which new editions are planned and run queries:
    8A0853207C-GRU, GRU 8A0853208C headlight strips
    8A9853489B-panel tailgate
    -8A0807681 3FZ, 8A0807682 3FZ bumper grille right and left
    017525075A bellows-differential / lock lever
    8A0853600-base / Audi characters
    upper-door trim
    Alcantara cobalt blue in two different laminations for center seat or door panels / headliner in the colors,
    silver gray and charcoal (available from end of August)
    Please refrain from asking for prices and delivery dates in advance, since these are not yet available.
    1995 RS2 Nogaro
    1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
    1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

thats useful, thanks for the detail. Might well be worth creating a new area on here to hold these updates so we have a record of what is back in limited production...? Andy, any thoughts?
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me...
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Great minds think alike......Good Idea!

Comment

Those are almost all exclusively RS2 parts, I do hope they re manufacture all the ones they are considering as I need just about all of them. I didn't realise the steering wheel badge and the bumper grilles were NLA.
          92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
          98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
          63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
          69 Austin Mini Cooper
          71 MGB GT
          75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
          04 Kawasaki GPX250
          96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Mesh and rear reflector I'll be scooping. Keep us posted

Comment

are they making protection strips and/or lower door covers ? Most Rs2 including mine I have seen the door covers aren´t so fancy anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Skruf View Post
                are they making protection strips and/or lower door covers ? Most Rs2 including mine I have seen the door covers aren´t so fancy anymore
                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52497 This might be of interest to you.
                92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
                98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
                63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
                69 Austin Mini Cooper
                71 MGB GT
                75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
                04 Kawasaki GPX250
                96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Lower door covers

The 4 lower door trima are still avaliable, about £100 each, the 2 trims for the front and the 2 for the back I believe are NLA the centre door trims are NLA, I believe these are mentioned in the guys E-Mail,

Last set of door trims I used I hade sure to clean and paint the steel channel in the back with etch primes and then cover them in waxoyl and remembered to renew the end caps as well, So far so good,

Cheers Paul
                  1995 RS2 Nogaro
                  1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                  1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

I'm wondering if they take requests? Would be nice to have a new set of cup holders for my car!

Comment

Hope the bellows for the rear diff actuator comes sooner rather than later. Mine perished and leaking oil over the drive after a run.... Mad they made this NLA along with the series 2 clutch master yet you can still get exhaust studs
                      1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                      2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                      2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Sadly nothing is being remanufactored ....................all old stock is being collected and sold on from a central point. How do I know..... I own 4 quattros Audi do not have the option to facilitate the remaking of old parts as most of the machinery has been sold or scrapped.

Comment

Well at least they are bothing to find the old stock thats sitting in dealers, its a start and if they see it selling quickly they might think about doing more.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, Audi Tradition is remanufacturing these parts from original suppliers and moulds. Their objective is far more than keeping the "obsolete parts" that they used to sell to third parties, before Audi Tradition was established; They are manufacturing original hard-to-find parts. Just as Porsche Classic and Mercedes Classic do. What was told by Sebastian Funk, but can't be confirmed in general for all products.

Having said that, I can imagine that they do RS2 parts, as there is still a lot of demand for them, also for "RS2-lookalikes". The prices are still reasonable compared to the original price. If they were to become limited/scarce, also Audi would try to get the maximum price out of them.
                            Last edited by Tzummie; 17 December 2012, 11:06.

Comment

They've gotten in the RS2 timing belt now, link: https://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Sele...ELT&model=0001

Comment

Working...
                              X