AAN Inlet Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN Inlet Manifold

Dont suppose anyone has one knocking about do they?

martin

Originally posted by martinjs
    Dont suppose anyone has one knocking about do they?

martin

Martin,
    Caught the Mark H bug at the weekend did you?
    I have one if you are interested. PM me.

Comment

Well, after discovering a slight pressure drop across my i/c yesterday (and the 48ft of intake pipe i have), i need a reversed manifold really.

you have a pm.

martin

Comment

What was the pressurw drop mate?? Would be very interested in knowing. I also ned to check intake temps before and after
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I believe Mark said that if he had to do it all again he would just buy a MTM.Looked bloody good though.

Comment

Yeah mark did say that. But then if you can get a AAN cheap then go for it.
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Well we didnt find out exactly, have been trying to find out a way to test the pressure at the turbo outlet, greg suggested disconnecting wgfv then unplugging it off the coldside then connect a guage to it, i know it will only produce w/g spring boost but may get an idea.

i still getting a bit of surging also, which mihnea says isnt good, i thought it was the forge dv as it seems to do it a bit less with the strongest red spring in, so im going to try a stock dv at some point.

and my exhaust and downpipe isnt big enough

its a grand for the mtm manifold though isnt it? **** that
              im gonna cheat and try and persuade someone at work to do the welding lol

Comment

Martin - why don't you keep the AAN manifold as is - without modifying it.

I have got to the point where I need to buy lots of other bits to get everything to fit now. The rad needs rotated anyway so why not see if it will fit with the throttle body in the centre? I'm not sure if the manifold fits over the power steering if it is kept in the centre anyway.

I reckon I have spent 20 hours on it - probably less than Mark as he told me what to do! I am trying to get some metal plates made up so I can pressure test it as well.
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

This is what I'm thinking of trying. We've been looking at Jasons AAN UrS4 intake and reckon we could tweak it to fit. The rad would have to either custom built or moved round at an angle.

Does anyone know if the AAN manifold fits over the PAS pump? Or if it can be done with OE brackets etc. I know the water manifold is different but does it fit otherwise?

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                    i still getting a bit of surging also, which mihnea says isnt good, i thought it was the forge dv as it seems to do it a bit less with the strongest red spring in, so im going to try a stock dv at some point.
                    I had surging problems with my Forge DV. Try turning the DV round, so the connections are reversed. Try the original spring without extra washers, that fixed the problem for me

Steve
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Even if you use the AAN IM without chopping and moving the throttle body, it doesn't clear the S2 PS pump as the end of the manifold fouls on it. You would need to use the AAN PS pump bracket, but to make that fit to the block in all the mounting points the bracket needs to be used with the AAN alternator bracket too, or needs to be 'altered' (I did this) which will involve some welding. Then you will have to space it correctly in relation to the driving pulley you decide to use for the PS pump.
                      Its a lot of grief, and I would have definatly bought the mtm, Dahlback, or Hacke one if I had known before hand how much work and cost (brackets, welding etc.) was involved.

I did see another AAN IM variant at Combe on Saturday in a red car I think, and this was more extensively chopped about to get it to fit over the PS pump, this would be a better option as opposed to the way I did it , did anyone else see or take photos of it?

Mark.
                      Mark - Modded

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                        I know the water manifold is different but does it fit otherwise?

Ben

Forgot to say that the S2 water manifold also needs to be cut about to get it to fit. The exit pipe for the radiator top hose needs to be angled downwards otherwise it fouls up on the bottom of the IM. The rad top hose also needs to be cut and joined with an extra piece (35mm 90 degree bend) to get it to fit.
                        Also forgot to say that you will have to use the AAN fuel rail or fabricate new mounting points on the IM for it.

Phew, I think thats it .

Mark.

Here a pic showing the new mounting points for the ABY fuel rail.
                        Attached Files
                        Mark - Modded

Comment

The red 90 20v quattro sport had an AAN engine fitted with a modded/chopped inlet manifold.
                          nice one
                          Gav
                          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

So is a bit from the bottom/front of the innlet manifold chopped to make it fit? I need pics or contact details??? - if so I will do this - chopping and welding is free!
                            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                              So is a bit from the bottom/front of the innlet manifold chopped to make it fit? I need pics or contact details??? - if so I will do this - chopping and welding is free!
                              If you need any pics of a standard AAN let me know, as thats what ive got in my bus.
                              nice one
                              Gav
                              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Working...
                              X