No announcement yet.

AAN Inlet Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give this guy a bell, Tim, (had the touring car at coombe) pretty sure he was involved in doing the red 90 that was at coombe.
    01829 771165 tell him Gav gave you his no.
    Nice one
    Gav
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

yeah he was, had a quick word with him about it and said to give him a call about it. Only thing with the one he did was that the after run pump was removed.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v
        If you need any pics of a standard AAN let me know, as thats what ive got in my bus.
        No need for those - I have one - I have chopped the throttle body off and moved it to the front and it is all welded up - but just need to see the easiest way to get it on the car now.
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

That red 80 at combe had a kenlowe type fan fitted which is a lot flatter so allowed the rad to be moved back more, this is a bigger problem for me due to the f£"$ing abs ****e right in the way on the 3b, but fitting this type of fan might make it possible.
          i can get an aan fuel rail also.
          i've just thought will it clear the dizzy on the 3b?
          What do you reckon robin?
          Doug, in the other long thread about this conversion ,albert said he'd send you a pic of his aan manifold on his 3b? did he send you it? could you send me it if you still have it?

cheers

martin
          Last edited by martinjs; 22 September 2004, 15:14.

Comment

@steve, yeah i will try that, ive tried everything else, every colour spring they do!
            i get it less with the strongest red spring in

Comment

I will look the pics of alberts out tonight. I think it will clear the dizzy.

Is this surging on a Forge Diverter? I have the standard springs but just got a new piston for it - mine doesn't surge.

Comment

Thanks doug, yes its a forge dv, i got a new piston and o-ring from them and a 'tuning' kit (4 different springs and some shims)

Haven't had time to do any experimenting yet.

Comment

Martin,

That's a good point. On Mark H's pic you can see the manifold ends quite abruptly. The dizzy is orientated at an angle away from the manifold. If I remember correctly you can quite clearly see the blanking plug for the dizzy on the AAN. So I guess there is sufficent room.
                  Bit nacked at the moment but I will try later to mock the manifold/dizzy up on the head I've got indoors. If I can find some batteries I'll get a shot. I will need some assistance in posting the pic though.
                  This assumes I can complete the task before that lovely lady with the large chests appears on that C4 programme I can't seem to remember the name of.
                  Whilst I think of it. Doug, I believe there is a very similar accessory bracket on the 2.5TDI 5 cyl except it is made of cast rather than alloy as on the AAN. Might be easier/cheaper to source.

Comment

lol, cheers robin, what programme is that then?

Comment

Here is a pic of Alberts - I hope he doesn't mind me posting this - If so I will remove it.

I have a bigger better quality pic if needed.

Looking at this it looks like more work would be needed for me to get mine fitted over the standard power steering pump assembly - my throttle body is in the same place as Mark and aiming down - probably into the pump
                      Attached Files

Comment

Martin,

Right I've got all the bits together. Can you give me a rough approximation of where the hall sender connector sits (in an o'clock position). It is quite tight as the dizzy cap has a tower on it for the coil lead and two cyl which is close to the breather connection. I guess an alternative without the tower would give more room.
                        Also need idiots guide to posting pic.
                        Ta!

Comment

you need to resize the pic so it is less than 100k when saved - sometimes reducing the quality is good enough - click on "manage attachments" and then "browse" till you find the pic and then hit "upload"

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                            you need to resize the pic so it is less than 100k when saved - sometimes reducing the quality is good enough - click on "manage attachments" and then "browse" till you find the pic and then hit "upload"

Thanks Doug. I'll give it a go shortly.
                            Martin, I've checked the position and I make it not quite 3 O'Clock. In that case I think its ok, as the tower bit has passed the breather pipe at that position. It does rotate all the way round but obviously is tighter in some positions than others.
                            As they say, "A picture says a thousand words". Watch this space!

Comment

Looking at the engine from the passenger side ie 90 deg to the engine the hall sender connection is at about 2 or 3 o clock position,
                              if were talking millimeters here it shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

Right here goes!
                                Actually clearance is a little tighter than I first thought. The top of the black cover just catches the breather tube. However this is without the gasket, so that might do it. Obviously it is going to depend on the exact dizzy alignment.
                                But I think you are ok on this.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X