VEMS engine management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEMS engine management

Looks like i am going to go with VEMS ECU engine management.

Email i recieved

We have a unit with the Motronic plug, so its a case of removing your old ECU andplugging the VEMS unit in. Then routing the wideband's subloom, and a tube for the MAP sensor.

We're currently 'blessed' with using MegaTune, which is simple enough to use, theare as that make tuning easier is the fact that VEMS has a built-in widebandcontroller, so you get live updates on the AFR as you are mapping, and thewideband feedback will keep the fuel in trim. If you choose the EGT option, you get even more information regarding the timing and temperatures under boost.

We use a speed density system, so you can remove the airflow meter. Speed density is much better for mapping against boost.

we can supply a base map, obviously it wont be perfect as the characteristics of your modified engine will be different to a stock one.
    Motronic VEMS with built-in 400kpa (3bar) MAP sensor costs £598.30
    Bosch LSU4 Wideband sensor £53.83
    The EGT option is around £20 and the fast 6mm EGT sensor including plugs and1/8bsp is £52.53
    We have excellent boost control, optional anti-lag, launch control and shift cutwhich is included in the price.

What you guys think?

Craig
    Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
    Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Sounds pretty reasonable cost wise, and the plug and play sounds very interesting.

Would you then have to set it up on a rolling road to modify the map?
    Would someone do this for you?
    Do they have a rep in the UK?

Comment

My mate maps cars all day long at Wallace Performance which has a rolling road. So i will get it free. happy days!!!!

www.vems.co.uk

Craig

Comment

Sounds quite good especially with the anti-lag setup, depending if that it could be set up right and didn't kill the turbo quickly.

Comment

It will kill the turbo quicker but how often will it get used 1/4mile and sprints!

I think it looks like a good buy.

Once i have a map for the car then it can be transfered onto cars with similar spec.

Craig

Comment

hi

gonna do a post of my project soon but i have just got my VEMS.

i got a VEMS motronic and a VEMS AF/EGT gauge turbosmart e-boost 2 and defi boost controller. the e-boost is very good. lot better than factory controller.

its not PNP as id class PNP like linkECU or hks or greddy on a subaru but more along the lines of will use the factory loom.

i have found a need to swap 2 ign wires round. this can be done in the SW apparently but im still trying to get to grips with it. i still cant start her. there is a polarity issue on the secondary VR sensor i believe. Marcel has just added some extra stuff following my E-mail to him to the WIKI.

i may have her running later today with some luck ready for the turbo swap and full system next week.

Comment

Cool interesting!!!

Keep me posted mate

I will be using an Apexi AVCR boost controller on my Audi.

Craig

Comment

set up a couple of AVC-r's in the past on subaru's. seemed good. as usual easier to setup on an external gate. nice self learn. never really been one for all the RPM over boost stuff. on a 4wd i want it all as soon as possible for as long as possible. only issue is the shape and size. already replaced my defi meter with the VEMS gauge due to shape.

i was building a 16vt for my corrado. most parts are sold except turbo and gauges.

Im off to visit corey on monday. he is fitting my tubular and turbo and sort a drainpipe i have a precision SC61 turbo. gona run around on low boost (hellish efficiency) until ive fitted the rods etc for proper power.

not the easiest car to put extra wiring into either these.

Comment

You need to speak to pnanassy of the forum he is the vems european dealer.

Comment

Jamo

Comment

How many injectors can the vems run on the I5?
                      The ONLY S2 Golf!
                      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                      10.42@138mph
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Just seen, 8 injector drivers on the website. love the price
                        The ONLY S2 Golf!
                        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                        10.42@138mph
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Thing is that UK has its own dealer: vems.co.uk

But they are not really involved in Audi I5.I made several I5 cars here,so you can decide which route you choose.

To the tech q,VEMS can have max 8 injector outputs,and you are also able to run injectors in paralell,thats a BTDT solution.
                          Running the 2nd line of injectors with "injector staging" is also possible from hardware side,but i never tried it,and i dont know if it even works.

HTH,Peter
                          Peter Nanassy

Custom Engine Management,and Electronic Fuel Injection solutions supplier , contact me for details.

http://www.carstyling.hu/car_shower.php?id=19845
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOVA_285Rs

Comment

Originally posted by K7ERG View Post
                            Looks like i am going to go with VEMS ECU engine management.

Email i recieved

We have a unit with the Motronic plug, so its a case of removing your old ECU andplugging the VEMS unit in. Then routing the wideband's subloom, and a tube for the MAP sensor.

We're currently 'blessed' with using MegaTune, which is simple enough to use, theare as that make tuning easier is the fact that VEMS has a built-in widebandcontroller, so you get live updates on the AFR as you are mapping, and thewideband feedback will keep the fuel in trim. If you choose the EGT option, you get even more information regarding the timing and temperatures under boost.

We use a speed density system, so you can remove the airflow meter. Speed density is much better for mapping against boost.

we can supply a base map, obviously it wont be perfect as the characteristics of your modified engine will be different to a stock one.
                            Motronic VEMS with built-in 400kpa (3bar) MAP sensor costs £598.30
                            Bosch LSU4 Wideband sensor £53.83
                            The EGT option is around £20 and the fast 6mm EGT sensor including plugs and1/8bsp is £52.53
                            We have excellent boost control, optional anti-lag, launch control and shift cutwhich is included in the price.

What you guys think?

Craig
                            Please let us know how you get on with this, if you go for it, as I am going to be looking for a stand alone next year. I'd be very interested to know how it goes for you.

Cheers
                            Mark - Modded

Comment

I've got it sitting on the shelf to. I'm soooooooo looking forward to playing with it
                              RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                              RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                              Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                              High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                              X