No announcement yet.

VEMS engine management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob you can use an ABY S2 Coupe or Avant the engine and ECU the basically the same as an AAN.

Quattronics had an S4 which was up for sale which would have suited your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by kalsket View Post
      You can make it good in just couple of starts, but if you want perfection (enough fuel but not a cc that isn't needed) will take time.

When ever you want 400++ (limit for std maf), remap is no longer a good option. Up to 400 it is. If you buy your vems from www.vems.co.uk the base setup you get will most likely be based on months of my blood, sweat and tears.
      Why do you say the MAF is limited to 400 bhp? There are plenty of I5's running 400+ using a MAF.

I know the MAF 5v limit gets hit but it doesn't stop it been mapped.

Comment

Is the new Boost control code implemented in the EVEMS CUs now. If not when will it be ready. I am always one click from buying everything but the last minute i see something and i back off. The thing is i dont have anyone near me who can help me if i have problems.
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Jamo. When you go over 400 maf hotwire will brake, it is only a matter of time. Unless you use bigger maf.

Billman. New boost code is already in firmware 1.1.26 (beta release).
          4F 2006 avant 3.0tdi quattro
          4B 2002 S6 avant quattro
          typ85 sedan quattro with "minor" changes

Comment

Group Buy?
            I have three people with cash waiting if it's plug and play.
            All 3 want to convert the 3b to coil on spark, and that is mentioned as an option on the VEMS website.
            Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
            England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

I'm tempted as it would be something i'd be interested in doing in the future (converting 3b over) so would be interested depending on price and what sort of results i'd get?

Comment

Sould it work with the Climate control system? Does it interfere?

Also check out this older post about a GB. Didnt have much success:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...highlight=vems
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

If you buy vems for 3B it will have an extra 6pin connector for coil on plug upgrade, but you can start with dizzy and upgrade later. It is only matter of change in settings.

I'm using it with working climate control in my car, no problem.

About PnP: You will need 5 extra wires for WB lambda through firewall. Changing the manifold temp sensor would be a good option. You can use one from 1.8T engine, only the hole for it needs to be drilled a bit bigger. Connector in the sensor needs to be rewired to avoid a bump in the hood (adu/aby/3b, btdt)
                  4F 2006 avant 3.0tdi quattro
                  4B 2002 S6 avant quattro
                  typ85 sedan quattro with "minor" changes

Comment

Hi Rob

Looks like i will be going to the VEMS once i get the engine back together. So i have a AAN for feed back.

Craig
                    Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
                    Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by kalsket View Post
                      Jamo. When you go over 400 maf hotwire will brake, it is only a matter of time. Unless you use bigger maf.

Billman. New boost code is already in firmware 1.1.26 (beta release).
                      If you move the MAF to the pressure side it doesn't MRC have BTDT. So has Audiman and a few other big power guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                        Is the new Boost control code implemented in the EVEMS CUs now. If not when will it be ready. I am always one click from buying everything but the last minute i see something and i back off. The thing is i dont have anyone near me who can help me if i have problems.
                        Where are you based, I'm sure we've got someone nearby, or an email or Skype call away

Comment

Originally posted by BRY View Post
                          Group Buy?
                          I have three people with cash waiting if it's plug and play.
                          All 3 want to convert the 3b to coil on spark, and that is mentioned as an option on the VEMS website.
                          To be honest we're not into the Group Buy idea, it tends to take just as much support overhead (potentially more if everyone is trying to fit one at the same time), and tends to kill the market as people demand the Group Buy price long ever after.

Rob

Comment

So I take it there's not a U.K based Audi car at the moment then Rob?

Well would be good if you could get all the information from Peter and Kalsket and come up with an out of the box solution.

Comment

Originally posted by rob@vems.co.uk View Post
                              Where are you based, I'm sure we've got someone nearby, or an email or Skype call away
                              Munich, Germany
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I'm tracking this now ....I'm certainly intrigued about a coil on plug system for 3b
                                Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Working...
                                X