VEMS and TurboSmart Solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice
    sorry,i havent had the chance to check the other valve i got.
    i had to run on other issues and havent got the plug either yet.

Comment

Good find! I like the idea of a 4-way solenoid over the 3-way one.

Do you know if there remains pressure between the solenoid and one of the WG entry nipples, once there is no pressure coming from the turbo?
      Last edited by Jamo; 30 October 2009, 21:06.

Comment

Right i'm going to try using the 4 port valve with VEMS, will try going to 1 bar 1st. Just got to get my head around PID

Comment

jamo on vems there is a realtime display. use this to set pid. same as its used to set for idle. its in a menu on megatune. IIRC add 2% to the value shown in the box.

not sure if this helps or not. hard to explain

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
            jamo on vems there is a realtime display. use this to set pid. same as its used to set for idle. its in a menu on megatune. IIRC add 2% to the value shown in the box.

not sure if this helps or not. hard to explain
            Cheers I'll have a look, I don't know megatune at all as I did all my messing in vemstune for the higher firmware

I need to play with idle as well, never ending list

Comment

go tuning-realtime display. uit has ait DC % but not boost DC%. boost tuning will be a manual thing.

Comment

Jamo do you have a valve already? I have got 13 in stock with fittings.

Cheers.
                Bo
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                  Jamo do you have a valve already? I have got 13 in stock with fittings.

Cheers.
                  Bo
                  I do

Comment

if you buy a valve direct from a supplier here's how to check your fitting type:

The mac valves come with 1/8 NPT and 1/4 NPT as standard not BSPT

Check the code number to find out what type disecting the code

For example my valve is 45A - AA1

Where AA1
                    A = 4 port
                    A = 1/8 NPT
                    1 = No flow controls

For the valve to be BSPT it would be AC1

A = 4 port
                    C = 1/8 BSP
                    1 = No flow control

See http://macvalves.com/ products for a breakdown of your valve

Comment

i am going to try out a 4 port. it has A/B ports and Ex/IN as well.

i am going to go with the turbosmart pdf connectionwise. is that correct?

Comment

Yeah thats the same method but I wouldn't buy a 4 port if you have 3 port solenoid already
                        You can use a 3 port in the same method to top and bottom without the boost tee, boost in to one valve and then it switches it to top and bottom

The only difference is the solenoid blocks boost on the line with no vent.

Try that 1st IMO

Comment

trouble is i have already a 4port which is new and i know it should work, and i have 2 3port ones which i believe are knackered.

i may have a loaner soon on a 3port one to try, but while waiting, i have a bit of hose and thought to hook up the 4 port see how it goes.

Comment

oh ok i thought you were buying one, if you have it already it fut it!

Comment

did you find that you had to change the DC or settings too much when using this 4 port instead of the 3 port Jamo?

Comment

I didn't set DC for boost control when I 1st installed VEMS only PID, but yes it had to be reduced

Comment

Working...
                                X