Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying Motronic 2.3.2 ECU hardware and software.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    sorry for off topic question,
    can anybody here help me with stationary rev limiter on standard RS2 non immo ECU?
    No problem to pay for helpfull info or file.
    Thanks

Comment

• Wasn't that some pages ago explained?! Overboost etc?

Comment

• Quick quastion, does this connector fit our Audis? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auto...357501442.html Different motronic version, but is the connector the same?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• 55-pin connector as ours. It should fit, but you can sooner source cheap ECU from BMW or opel with the same connector. And probably better quality.

Comment

• yes that motronic connector will work with our harness but not as a direct replacement on the OEM motronic because of how ours is a 2 piece connector. if your going to build a jumper harness for standalone to your factory wiring that connnector is perfect. when i built the jumper to my VEMS i used an old ECU from an early 90 7 series BMW to get a 55 pin connector. hope that helps!
            "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

• I used the one from VEMS shop

https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/jpt55-c...358948556dc8e3

[__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

• Another real life question after some time. Already run 551B RS2 software with resistor mod, fuel tuned spot on with gasoline.I swapped injectors from RS2 (EV6 white) to 750cc EV14. Adjusted FGAT0 from stock to low around 70(raw dec value) to get stoich idle (no need touch temin , why?). But, it makes huge inbalance in main fuel correction map, i need to have low load same large values as in high load to get correct fuelling. Mid load is lowered seems as expected.
                TVUB is rised to suit EV14 better, im on 1ms/14v so rising it even more makes no sense, but probably helps to lower high fuel values in low loads.

I used these injectors on friends S2 stock engine(just turbo) but with E85, so FGAT0 was not adjusted as deep, so not much problem with this.

My guestion if its normal and tune fuel to suit the engine or i missing something?

Enclosing actual fuel map, still around 10afr at 1bar+ boost , it was first drive.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by curamrdan View Post
                  Another real life question after some time. Already run 551B RS2 software with resistor mod, fuel tuned spot on with gasoline.I swapped injectors from RS2 (EV6 white) to 750cc EV14. Adjusted FGAT0 from stock to low around 70(raw dec value) to get stoich idle (no need touch temin , why?). But, it makes huge inbalance in main fuel correction map, i need to have low load same large values as in high load to get correct fuelling. Mid load is lowered seems as expected.
                  TVUB is rised to suit EV14 better, im on 1ms/14v so rising it even more makes no sense, but probably helps to lower high fuel values in low loads.

I used these injectors on friends S2 stock engine(just turbo) but with E85, so FGAT0 was not adjusted as deep, so not much problem with this.

My guestion if its normal and tune fuel to suit the engine or i missing something?

Enclosing actual fuel map, still around 10afr at 1bar+ boost , it was first drive.
                  are you are running an RS2 MAF sensor because the resistor mod is not necessary essentially to run RS2 software. if you are still using the stock AAN or 3B MAF try changing the resistors back to stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post
                    are you are running an RS2 MAF sensor because the resistor mod is not necessary essentially to run RS2 software. if you are still using the stock AAN or 3B MAF try changing the resistors back to stock.
                    LOL.
                    The MAFs are identical apart from the mesh.
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                      LOL.
                      The MAFs are identical apart from the mesh.
                      nice to know. i am just trying to be helpful and answer questions.

Comment

• Hello,

long time, I did not care about my hobby

I restarted today with the boost control and want to gain some experience with it.

1. if we look look at the target boost values of a stock rs2 we set that from TPS higher then 50% higher boost is programmed. From the physics this may make sense not to build up boost which can not really pass the throttle flap. Might also be stressful for the turbo I think. How do we find a good crossing here?

2. if we look at the N75 duty cycle. Of course the duty cycle must be big enough, so that the desired boost can be reached and the control loop can eliminate the regulating difference. Is it therfore wise to start with a smaller duty cycle and check if with that the wanted boost can be reached. What would happen if the duty cyle is too high. Boost overshooting?

Best regards,

Daniel

Comment

• Hi, my non audi experience:

1) its individual, engine setup, wastegate (0%DC) pressure, butterfly diameter... In real there is probably no airflow difference for this kind of power level or at wastegate pressure from 50% to 100% butterfly opening (say by throttle over 50% you cannot "mechanicaly" regulate engine power or boost). So second half is used as a refference to adjust power due regulating higher boost. Key is to find from which throttle opening you are reaching wastegate pressure and from that you can lineary(or whatever you want) add boost. Not expecting many ecu tuner makes to make pulls to set and check boost on every TPS row on every tuned car(maybe on vag ME7 management ). It can be adjusted rought, just to avoid PID loop oscilation(if is even possible on our ecu). Its TPS area and situation where you not spedning too much time during driving.

2)i think the same, just if you will be on low WGDC side, it can result in lower boost in lower gears when is there not time to loop make the work(add enought WGDC). If on higher ower "ideal" i expect to by spiky on higher gears. But noone help me with my question one page ago(about boost axis and WGDC vs boost target), so i did not start to mess with factory boost control and used external EBC.

J.

Comment

• I think you already know that the target boost map is 3d and dependant on RPM and TPS. Simply by looking at its shape you see where lower throttle position and lower rpm is. For the conversion faktor I simply took the max. boost of rs2 (was it 1,55bar?, I forgot). The range of the throttle I assumed as 0 to 100%, and rpm might be something around 0 to 7000 rpm. And then it maked sense what I see...

for the duty cycle its the same, 16x10. You will see that more boost will require more duty cycle. As we talked about you cannot simply correlate them. It depends on the mechanics of the turbo how it spools up with the wastegate opened a certain amount.

can somebody help with the stuff from 0x2218. I think these are not maps, maximum short 2D lines. But for what? Not a clue for now. Maybe knock control?

Comment

• For "offline" tune its crucial to know exact scalling of TPS/RPM axis, same as target pressure. Otherwise it will be loong shooting in the dark.

You can corelate higher DC as higher boost (atleast from roughtly 3000rpm), if we agreed that DC and Targert table using same axes. At values around WOT not corelate to each other in RS2 file.. therefore i posted maps from normal S2.

0x2218 acording my limited search its probably something around knock control, put it simply, these are values not to mess around when we need just to change boost. But of course is better to know something than nothing.

Comment

• I correct myself: from 0x2218 (all rs2 B) these are maps.

if we look at the adresstable:
                                0x2218
                                0x2240
                                0x2268
                                0x2290
                                always 40 byte in between.
                                from shape 8x5 fits...

but what they do, thats difficult...need to look in the code which axes are used.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X