Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying Motronic 2.3.2 ECU hardware and software.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 uses the signal only when the water is warm. And with warm engine the heat up is done in seconds. No issues for me so far. :-)

Comment

• During those few seconds the engine runs like **** on 2.2T.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Just had a quick flick through this thread again, nope, still really confused and now have headache Great work fellas, I think

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
          During those few seconds the engine runs like **** on 2.2T.

Ahh ok. During warm up I also let give the ecu a lambda 1 signal when I'm not wrong.
          Don't know - must check it. :-D to not get a out of range DTC.

Comment

• Well I was lazy to create a new thread for that, this is somewhat related, but if prj would chime in it would be great.
            http://www.s2central.net/motronic_pinout_3B.html pin 30
            0V Reference Signal
            Any explanation on that? How that is different from ground? Any short explanation of how it works?

I have suspicion that my 0v reference may be off.

Comment

• Originally posted by domas View Post
              Well I was lazy to create a new thread for that, this is somewhat related, but if prj would chime in it would be great.
              http://www.s2central.net/motronic_pinout_3B.html pin 30
              0V Reference Signal
              Any explanation on that? How that is different from ground? Any short explanation of how it works?

I have suspicion that my 0v reference may be off.
              i think its all in how its worded by the author of the web site. pin 30 is just the ground for all of those sensors.
              "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

• OK thanks.

Comment

• Hi guys,

I'm starting to understand how Motronic works and modify something. I have a lot of homework to do, starting with understand all info that are here, etc.

I have some 8051 and 80535 manuals and schematics to understand a little how it works, learn assembler code etc. Thanks of some of them I’m designing a circuit to translate the latched addresses to use a normal EPROM/Flash.

My first hit is use a standard AAN 551C code and unlock Overboost feature to use it all-time. It would give me about 260hp or so.

I like to know what firmware I need to understand and study first to do these goal (Boost or Fuel). I think it’s only Boost and no need to modify Fuel. Is it true?

Also I like to know what is better to work understanding the disassembled code… I think making comments at project done with IDA. I have played a little and it’s amazing how it organize all functions etc. to study it.

Thanks in advance guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carles20vt View Post
                    Hi guys,

My first hit is use a standard AAN 551C code and unlock Overboost feature to use it all-time. It would give me about 260hp or so.
                    this is done in 3 seconds, no need for IDA and nope - you will not earn 260hp from that...
                    [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

• Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
                      this is done in 3 seconds, no need for IDA and nope - you will not earn 260hp from that...

Thanks for you reply. But I think I haven't explained well or I have some misunderstanding.

If I'm not wrong, stock blows to 0,8bar and 1,2bar at over boost. I like to disable/hack over boost and then it will ever blows 1,2bar. I think you need to mod some ECU firmware to do it with software and isn't 3 seconds for noob like me

Next step would be remap to obtain 1,5bar but it will be next battle.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Thanks for you reply. But I think I haven't explained well or I have some misunderstanding.

If I'm not wrong, stock blows to 0,8bar and 1,2bar at over boost.
                        You are wrong. Please look at the target pressure maps.
                        Do some work before posting. We have had our share of people barge in here, who do not want to put in the effort, and we do not take too kindly to them...

Comment

You are wrong. Please look at the target pressure maps.
                          Do some work before posting. We have had our share of people barge in here, who do not want to put in the effort, and we do not take too kindly to them...
                          I have checked with some colleges and they correct me. With 100% throttle opened, they blow 1,2 or so. Then it drops about 0,8b aprox in most cases (And I might modify it with soft maybe). Sorry for doing stupid questions... The problem was that I'm doing a 3B to ABY/ANN conversion these weeks and I can't check new AAN stock software by myself. So then I trusted with what I was told and was not correct. When I have all the electronics "ABY / AAN" working at my car and I get my own conclusions will take up the issue.

I will continue studying the firmware and hope to return with more appropriate questions.

Cheers,

Comment

I have checked with some colleges and they correct me. With 100% throttle opened, they blow 1,2 or so. Then it drops about 0,8b aprox in most cases (And I might modify it with soft maybe). Sorry for doing stupid questions... The problem was that I'm doing a 3B to ABY/ANN conversion these weeks and I can't check new AAN stock software by myself. So then I trusted with what I was told and was not correct. When I have all the electronics "ABY / AAN" working at my car and I get my own conclusions will take up the issue.

I will continue studying the firmware and hope to return with more appropriate questions.

Cheers,
                            You already are going at this the wrong way. You are looking at it externally, listen to what people are saying based on watching gauges and what not.
                            You will never get anywhere beyond pub talk with this approach.

Your ECU has a target pressure map. This is the boost it runs end of.
                            There is nothing to discuss here.

You are basically making conversation on whether 1+1=2 or not. Waste of time.
                            Open the binary, find the target pressure map(s) and you will know exactly what boost it runs. No voodoo magic or pub talk involved.

Comment

Cheers,
                              Problem is, you have not a clue whats going on in the ECU... so you are far away from asking specified questions... because on this ECU nobody will share information until you spended lot of effort by yourself... as we did for years...
                              [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

You already are going at this the wrong way. You are looking at it externally, listen to what people are saying based on watching gauges and what not.
                                You will never get anywhere beyond pub talk with this approach.

Your ECU has a target pressure map. This is the boost it runs end of.
                                There is nothing to discuss here.

You are basically making conversation on whether 1+1=2 or not. Waste of time.
                                Open the binary, find the target pressure map(s) and you will know exactly what boost it runs. No voodoo magic or pub talk involved.
                                Okey I understood. It's true to speculate it's a waste of time with no results. So I need to forget all I know and start reading a lot, comparing HEX, etc.

Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
                                Problem is, you have not a clue whats going on in the ECU... so you are far away from asking specified questions... because on this ECU nobody will share information until you spended lot of effort by yourself... as we did for years...
                                I will be a lot of month thinking with motronic all day and at dreams. So I could imagine what are you trying to say

By the way, I "have" wasted some time these days to search and collect a lot of info that I need digest and it will take a lot of more time to me. I'm also thinking to buy another ECU and emulator to try to put into practice what I will learn. Then I will return here...

Wish me luck!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X