No announcement yet.

Which engine management system to use ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes you think that there is no hot glue inside an original ecu already? That's the way the motherboard is connected to the plug. If aftermarket ecu were always that we'll built as the motronic they would cost the same!

Since it works it's fine for me

Comment

With new Emu Black Lsu 4.9 is possible and much more.
      Turbienen.at
      Official Distributor Ecumaster
      Audi S2R33 Avant | Airwerks S369SX-E | EMU Black ECU

Comment

As usual with these threads it's VEMS Vs everyone else
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          As usual with these threads it's VEMS Vs everyone else
          I find it funny because I'm not sure what the hate towards VEMS has been... I don't know of one example where the failure point of a build has been directly pointed at VEMS. Not one... That perhaps another ecu has a better GUI or more comlpete feature set, possibly, but that's personal preference.
          _Rubí_

Comment

Exactly. Maybe it's because when people started using vems it was in its infancy and the only cheap plug and play option which of course had a lot of glitches.

Those that are building race cars will invest in something worthy of that. More expensive more accurate perhaps and for a completely different purpose.

I see no reason spending 2K and above for a daily driven car. Vems has progressed so much since it was first introduced and works fine

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              What makes you think that there is no hot glue inside an original ecu already? That's the way the motherboard is connected to the plug. If aftermarket ecu were always that we'll built as the motronic they would cost the same!

Since it works it's fine for me
              Not buy thinking but buy resarching. I have opened so many OEM ECUs and seen so many pictures from the inside of aftermarket ECUS, I can not count... I've never seen something like that.

...and don't missunderstand... we still use and I still map VEMS but I know the glitches - also those, most users would'nt even notice. I logged for the VEMS guys to sort out some glitches I found and they brought out new firmware . I have done hundreds of logfiles on VEMS with different cars and now its simply time to go some parallel routes because I dont want to follow blind one route. I think I will buy also a ECUMASTER or a MAXXECU in the future cause their development looks promising. Maybe someday a syvecs. But now It's LINK time and I will share my experiences in the future when going to high boost.
              [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

only motronic , only hardcore
                Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
                Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
                Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
                  we still use and I still map VEMS but I know the glitches - also those, most users would'nt even notice. I logged for the VEMS guys to sort out some glitches I found and they brought out new firmware . I have done hundreds of logfiles on VEMS with different cars...
                  Glitches that blow engines up? Please explain these glitches... The way I see it, there's always constant development going on with VEMS.
                  _Rubí_

Comment

Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
                    Not buy thinking but buy resarching. I have opened so many OEM ECUs and seen so many pictures from the inside of aftermarket ECUS, I can not count... I've never seen something like that.

...and don't missunderstand... we still use and I still map VEMS but I know the glitches - also those, most users would'nt even notice. I logged for the VEMS guys to sort out some glitches I found and they brought out new firmware . I have done hundreds of logfiles on VEMS with different cars and now its simply time to go some parallel routes because I dont want to follow blind one route. I think I will buy also a ECUMASTER or a MAXXECU in the future cause their development looks promising. Maybe someday a syvecs. But now It's LINK time and I will share my experiences in the future when going to high boost.
                    Remember most users here have no time or money to spend searching as trying our aftermarket ecu's.
                    If you can or do this for a living your opinion bears more weight. Remember vems is not only distributed by one person or company but a lot of retailers collect the parts and put them together perhaps the ones you have seen look that.
                    I have had 2 vems ecu so far, both worked and work flawlessly
                    Last edited by A80Avant; 23 August 2016, 19:36.

Comment

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I was put off VEMS bevause of reliability and usability concerns. I'd rather pay more and not have glitches and have a smooth user interface. Also I can't be bothered pissing around with settings that need hours of research to understand. I just want to map the car.
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I was put off VEMS bevause of reliability and usability concerns. I'd rather pay more and not have glitches and have a smooth user interface. Also I can't be bothered pissing around with settings that need hours of research to understand. I just want to map the car.
                        As I said. Glitches was a thing of the past back in 2010 to 2012 when upgrades in vems were constant. Even then you could run and map the car without a problem.

Who said that with any aftermarket ecu you won't run into glitches? Glitch could be simply a wrong setting or a poor sensor. Pissing around with settings??? Sorry but even the best base map you'll get needs a lot of tinkering before it runs right

Just wait. They happen with all ecus

Comment

Don't need to be so defensive Vas, I'm not attacking VEMS and I never have. You pay your money you take your choice. Just adding my decision making process to the thread.
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I was put off VEMS bevause of reliability
                            I'm curious as to what the failure was. Which part of VEMS was unreliable?
                            _Rubí_

Comment

Nothing specific. You both missed the word "concerns" out of my statement.
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Nothing specific. You both missed the word "concerns" out of my statement.
                                I figured it was pure speculation, and I guess that's fine for some, but...

Until someone, somewhere, can without a doubt point out a failure that was caused soley because of the use of VEMS, I'm gonna have a hard time accepting that it's inferior to other units solely because of the hardware it uses internally.

I say make an ECU choice based on your(tuners) preferred GUI, your builds required inputs/outputs, and budget as most motor failures are not ECU related but more user error.
                                _Rubí_

Comment

Working...
                                X