Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABS sensor depth when refitting to hub??!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS sensor depth when refitting to hub??!!!

ok. So i'm putting the car back together at the moment and am wondering if there is a depth guide of how much of the ABS sensor should protude into the hub??

Or alternatively how far the sensor should be in looking from a top view??

All sensors are new (2 new 2 used) / hubs and wheel bearings refurbed/replaced so I dont have one to use as a starting point

All I know is with the sensor fully "down" so it cannot be pushed down further (due to the top rim of the copper sleeve) it catches on the toothed part of the hub that it reads off !!!

Any pictures of a fully working /well fitted sensor would be great also

I know its critical to get the distance right so I want them all at OEM specification ideally if anyone can help? (spec sheet, BTDT etc)

THANKS
    Last edited by s2dude; 21 August 2006, 09:01.

I've done them on my ur, you should have a new plastic cap with the sensor, the cap has little tiny teeth on the end, you push it in till it touches the hub, the hub goes round and takes a little bit off the teeth.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
      I've done them on my ur, you should have a new plastic cap with the sensor, the cap has little tiny teeth on the end, you push it in till it touches the hub, the hub goes round and takes a little bit off the teeth.
      Newsh....

Thanks mate but I got NO plastic caps with my new sensors

i have a few extra parts as well as the sensors (cos audi screwed up when I was ordeiring the copper inserts!!) and one was a blanking cap for the sensor holes (if you have non abs) and the other is some really small white plastic caps with fine teeth!!! but they are way to small to fit on the end of the sensor in fact I dont know wtf they are as they were supplied in error by audi when I was actually ordering the copper abs inserts!!

You have any pics by any chance/?

Comment

I had all of mine out recently. I reinstalled them by pushing all the way in (spin the hub and you can hear/feel the teeth catching), and then backing them out just slightly until the teeth do not catch. I did some brake tests inducing ABS shortly after and it seems to be a.ok. I will check wheel rotation with VAG-COM when I get my cable back.

If anyone can advise a better way to do it, happy to hear it

Jason

Comment

Working...
        X