Broken ABS ground bolt inside ABS pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken ABS ground bolt inside ABS pump

Guys i broke bolt of abs ground inside abs pump. Any ideas how to remove from it? Bad access and no piece outside housing. Or any ideas if can use some other spot on the ABS pump? I really dont need to loosen everything around it I want to clean contacts of the ground and thast happened

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

can you not weld a nut on then unscrew the bit that's stuck?

Comment

I cant reach there with welder, too little space for it. So this option is out of table What abou putting the ground from ABS to the brake cylinder? This two devices are connected with brake lines, so i think, that is conductive ??Just thought

Comment

can you remove it?

need to drill and use and extractor

Comment

I can, but i wont because of mess with the brake fluid and other stuff..I try to figure it out something more less timing difficult and less mess. Remove ABS pump is the last option

Comment

if you loosen the bolts on the back and the front is free you can lift it slightly. maybe enough to get to it with a drill. i can with mine but my lines may not be as factory. i have the same pump as it used to be a 16v mine. no evap near it though.

Comment

There is one on the back and two bolts on the front...I try to loose one on the front, when i turn with the number 1 it turns as weel number 2.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

There is a nut there and a part that consists of a cup with a stud on the end. You can buy this "cup" as a replacement part from Audi.

Comment

I can't really see the photos and where the earth was but so long as the unit has a earth it will be fine. I would make a new place to fix it to, check its with a meter so your happy, Job done . Good luck.

Comment

saltinot That cup which is turning with the nut?

LSG Hows that? U can see on the first reply. THere is small hole and broken

There u can see the difference...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

those on the side with the rubber cups. the cups pull off the aroms on the bracket. the bolt with the earth on front st0ops them pulling off the bracket. if you can lift the front of the pump a little they may come loose.

lots of rust on them though. just noticed its a left hooker. maybe not so much play in the lines then. id go for rad out and drill presuming its a 20v q coupe

Comment

Its 20V q coupe...so maybe the ventilator loosen or rad loose will be better option

Comment

id pop the rad out and drill the bolt out and use and extractor.
                          the side ones jsut get new rubber fittings

Comment

Can you get a jubilee clip round the end of the pump and clamp a ground to it?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe...u mean to the oem ground spot?Or every where else on the pump body?

Comment

Working...
                              X