Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look in the brakes section here and you’ll find a couple of “Stickys”
    with all the part numbers in.

I run without the damper plates behind the pads but they do sometimes squeak and rattle a bit..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

996 fitting guide

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Ok so I just realized that I have 4 stud hubs I thought they had been changed to 5 studs is there any discs I can use for 4 studs?

Comment

Just get the right pcd drill pattern on the new discs take it to a machine shop I take it’s 4x108 you have on your hubs and discs are 5x112 that can be done or vice versa with hubs.

Comment

only porblem with that is the discs i have have 8 holes for diffrent cars so i guess if i get some with 5 holes i could do that

Comment

ok done some more research and i have found that mk1 focuse rs discs will fit, 4 stud and 324mm by 28mm only have to bore the center out a few mm

Comment

Originally posted by MISTER T 1997 View Post
                only porblem with that is the discs i have have 8 holes for diffrent cars so i guess if i get some with 5 holes i could do that
                So your discs are for 4 stud hubs anyway?

I’m confused

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

So your discs are for 4 stud hubs anyway?

I’m confused
                  no they are for a 5 stud but must also fit other things so the stud patten does not line up i think they have 8 holes but might have 10, ever way they don't fit and there is no room to drill new holes

Comment

Originally posted by MISTER T 1997 View Post
                    ok i have some calipers and now need discs and pads. i have got some discs from a audi a8 1997 323mm by 28mm i seam to recall that these discs worked i need some pads and the springs if anyone might have a good number for them the porsche ones where not crossing over. and also i've seen that there is a dampning plate that gose in the calipers is this required or just just help noice?
                    I’m confused as I thought these are 5 stud 5x112 discs not 4x108 so what discs have you got? as far as I know a8 never used a 4 stud? And discs are 323x30mm

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who is confused here

This is a 7A coupe quattro right? If so it is 4x108 and you can't use 5 x 112 discs.
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sorry for the confusion the car is a coupe quattro b3 with 4 stud hubs on, and I needed bigger discs I have found the the discs from a mr 1 Ford Focus rs are the right size and are 4 studs so will fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          There are adapters out there for 18Zs. IMHO they are not a good caliper choice as the adapter is a compromised design to fit the B3/B4 and the calipers weigh a ton. Add the weight of large single piece discs and 18" wheels you'll need to fit them you have a huge increase on unspruing mass. IMHO the Porsche 996/996 4 pot and 6 pot calipers are a far better choice.
                          People fit 18z and 17z mostly because they look big and impressive and they are cheap.
                          Just got a pair of 18z's with pads inside (~9mm) for fairly cheap (€100). Since they are in a really good shape and good price, I had to act quick.
                          Regarding the weight. I'm going for Oz Alleggerita 18" (8.75kg with adapters), so I believe that hasn't got much difference from the stock 16" 3B wheels. Will weight them anyway. So my question is brake rotor/disc selection. What you guys usually opt for in terms of performance/weight easy-to-non mods. I read ML55 discs are good, but how about the weight and performance?
                          My initial goal is to start with 500hp and go up to 500whp or whatever is possible with BorgWarner S257 and pump gas.
                          Any other suggestions?

Comment

I did mine the wrong way around and I am now going to have custom bells made to save weight.

I think the best option would be to shop around for an OEM mercedes etc (RS3/TTRS maybe?) bell/rotor that is a good size/weight comprise and then make an adaptor to fit. . . . I may even do this myself once I check out the prices of custom parts.

Regards

Jase.

Comment

Presuming 5x112 of course.

Comment

Custom two piece 345mm rotors, anodized aluminum hat, custom steel mounting brackets zinc coated with 18z calipers from Porsche.
                                Made to fit coupe Quattro 5x112 lug swap with modified urs4 hubs.

Still heavy as hell.....
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X