No announcement yet.

bermbo 18z claipers on a b3 coupe quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

varia Can you please specify where you sourced the disc and adapters? Or all DIY?

Comment

One option is also BMW 750 4pot Brembo calipers. Full fit nicely with adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        There are adapters out there for 18Zs. IMHO they are not a good caliper choice as the adapter is a compromised design to fit the B3/B4 and the calipers weigh a ton. Add the weight of large single piece discs and 18" wheels you'll need to fit them you have a huge increase on unspruing mass. IMHO the Porsche 996/996 4 pot and 6 pot calipers are a far better choice.
        People fit 18z and 17z mostly because they look big and impressive and they are cheap.
        Sorry for reposting old thread but I was thinking about this as well. Are they a lot more heavy? Im still trying to figure out how much my brakes can support in form of horsepower. Ive got the 996.351.425/*.426 - Do you know? Does anyone know? my car weighs 1444kg
        https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

No figures to hand but the calipers are not too heavy. But the pads are huge so add a lot of weight, then when you factor in an adaptor all adds up.

I have them on my car at the moment but may (will) look to change them for something lighter in the future once I have the rest of the car sorted out.

Regards

Jase.

Comment

Working...
          X