Standard RS2 brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard RS2 brakes

I'm at the point when I need new front pads and discs for my standard '95 RS2. Any recommendations? I won't be doing any track days and I've found the standard setup fine. I have had a look at the EBC groove discs which look OK. I will be doing the job with a friend so would like any advice you have. Should shim pads be changed at the same time? Thanks

Originally posted by RSBLURS2
    I'm at the point when I need new front pads and discs for my standard '95 RS2. Any recommendations? I won't be doing any track days and I've found the standard setup fine. I have had a look at the EBC groove discs which look OK. I will be doing the job with a friend so would like any advice you have. Should shim pads be changed at the same time? Thanks
    Hi
    Are your discs 304 or 322mm?
    ____
    Rob
    sigpic_________
    Rob

Comment

They are the 304mm (I think). I think the brakes are from a 968CS?? I have never changed pads / discs before but don't mind a shot. Quoted around £1600 for discs and pads all round which is a lot of beer! I quite fancy something like cross drilled or grooved if there is something around.

Comment

Quoted around £1600 for discs and pads all round which is a lot of beer!
        Shoud be able to get a big red front upgrade for that price

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub
          Shoud be able to get a big red front upgrade for that price
          Easy............. plus 1000 cans of stela
          ____
          Rob
          sigpic_________
          Rob

Comment

I was trying to keep the bill below 1K if possible! Maybe this is an essential upgrade that could be passed through accounts as an essential safety improvement? After all it's family transport used daily 20K miles per year?? How much for a big reds full kit? I was hoping to save money by getting advice here - not digging deeper into my pocket!

Comment

I was trying to keep the bill below 1K if possible! Maybe this is an essential upgrade that could be passed through accounts as an essential safety improvement? After all it's family transport used daily 20K miles per year?? How much for a big reds full kit? I was hoping to save money by getting advice here - not digging deeper into my pocket!
              Hello
              £ 500+vat for 993t big reds from vag-parts, about £ 300+vat 928 gts 322mm discs NOT DRILLED and 100+vat for pads.

Comment

Is there any market for used RS2 standard calipers?

Comment

Is there any market for used RS2 standard calipers?
                  I am sure this is very good place to start go to for sale section or ther is allway a fbay.
                  ________
                  Rob
                  sigpic_________
                  Rob

Comment

Quoted around £1600 for discs and pads all round which is a lot of beer!
                    £1600 does sound a bit of a rip off for stock RS2 brakes. Who quoted you ? You can get stock front & rear discs & pads for about £260+VAT from GSF. You'll probably need to change those damping plates too as they're supposed to stick to the back of the pads to prevent vibration & squealing. They're about £30 for the fronts IIRC.
                    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

I don't want to name the garage but it is in central Scotland and it was all using genuine Audi (rip-off) parts. The brakes have been no problem but they have recently had a few squeals and they are getting low. I had to slow down today from around 140 to 40 quite quickly and there was a long grating noise hich I've never heard before. The price I quoted was inclusive of VAT - I am not averese to spending a bit extra for good discs/pads but just feel that the quote was slighty too high.

Comment

1600 quid for stock discs and pads!!!!

LMAO

I do know that rear brake discs are mega money £186+VAT and rear pads are £87+VAT not sure about stock front end
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Just priced up the bits. Roughly £1025 inc VAT for stock front and rear pads and discs

Ben
                          the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                          1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                            Just priced up the bits. Roughly £1025 inc VAT for stock front and rear pads and discs

Ben
                            And there was me thinking that a good standard S2 upgrade would be RS2 Brakes. I don't think so, not with disc and pad prices like that.

Can you not get them from Porsche cheaper???
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                              And there was me thinking that a good standard S2 upgrade would be RS2 Brakes. I don't think so, not with disc and pad prices like that.

Can you not get them from Porsche cheaper???
                              Check this out for the pads.
                              http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...930909790&rd=1
                              Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
                              X