Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/S2341M.html

Comment

anyone on here with the above mentioned kit fitted?
      1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

I haven't tried this product personally, but Hi Spec are quite popular with the Subaru boys over here.

Comment

was looking at them, nice kit!! fensport using them on there 10 sec rolla!! good to know as no doubt ill fork out for some sort of brake upgrade in time

Comment

i just allways thought when bigger calipers are fitted that there needs to be a corrosponding change in the master cylinder, force by area jazz. is the rs2 master cylinder differnt to the s2 one.

Comment

I will have a 8 pot RS4 set up for sale soon i am going to some lighter weight Alcons
              Chef

Comment

Originally posted by stocious View Post
                i just allways thought when bigger calipers are fitted that there needs to be a corrosponding change in the master cylinder, force by area jazz. is the rs2 master cylinder differnt to the s2 one.
                That's true but it just so happens that the popular 4 piston Brembo caliper has the same piston area as the standard original one.

AFAIK the RS2 master cylinder is the same as the ABY S2 one.

John

Comment

i was under the impression that people just had to have eye candy.. glad thats cleared up.. thank you. seems logical now. maybe for christmass, big red might bring me some big reds

Comment

I've ordered the mono blocks with pads both squeak bits and pins. spoke to kev re brackets and bolts. i think the part number for hard line is 893 611 707 is that right or do people just make new copper lines and use metric connectors. also does it matter what year a8 i get discs for or is it surely 323 x 30 with 5 bolt pattern?

Comment

You shouldn't need new hard lines? I didn't... just change the final flexi. Standard fittings are m10x1.0 on our cars

As for discs, search for a thread on 323 discs and how to order the right ones from camskill. It's a certain s8 disc you need, they did 2 sizes...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
                      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50472

There you go!

Comment

cheers mate.i think I've found the flexi using part number. Im still confused with the discs how do you know your getting correct one. i want to order through ecp or gsf or another supplier i use. i am trying to do this on a budget as have spent silly amounts on this car since April. i get a trade discount through above companies so Will save money. want to limit cost of disc to 100 as its already over my budget. could do Will having a look at your brakes Will to get an idea of what to do.

Comment

I paid 90 from camskill and that's for grooved and coated! Doubt you'll find better/cheaper really....

Comment

If you take the code I ordered from that thread you'll get the right disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                                The big big setups eg RS6 do feel sharp but in doing so you lose the progressiveness of brake setup as its nothing nothing boom! brake lag

I have the GT3's and I feel they are the perfect comprimise between bite and progressive pedal travel.

Another thing is alot of comparisons are done with front brake upgrades only, doing both front and read has a massive effect and is definately worthwhile.

Regarding rear brakes upgrade, what s a bolt on setup upgrade for a S2 avant ??

i hear it s actually easyer to do one on a S2 avant than an RS2 due to the hanbrake, right ?
                                S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Working...
                                X