Calipers for 330mm disks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
    Yes I have some 17zr/zl calipers on my s2 coupe made to fit the discs I use 330mmx32mm
    What did you have to do the caliper to make the discs fit?
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
    2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
    2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
    1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
      What did you have to do the caliper to make the discs fit?
      finding the right disc first then after that I got the hubs drilled and tapped so I use a counter sunk screw like new cars to hold disc in place as I hate how oem discs are not like this. Then had some brackets made up to suite the calipers to discs problem is the pad swept area on calipers pads I think there 65mm so there's not a lot of choice in discs and offset,and pcd they all need to be right otherwise it's a custom two piece discs which is more expensive but worth it as there lighter and transfer heat away faster

Comment

Interesting. I have some 330x32 Mercedes rotors kicking around that I'd like to use, might have to give it a go when my S8 rotors wear out.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

does anybody know where i can buy the 17z brackets?

Comment

I'm also after new brackets for the 17z with 330x32 discs. Verkline (AK Motorsport) made brackets for the 17z a while back, but now they only stock brackets for the 18z calipers. I tried to ask if they would make a set for me, and they just answeres that they wasn't available anymore.

I have been running this setup for 4 years, but needed to replace the 17z with stock brakes due to MOT. One of the 17z caliper bolts snapped in the prosess and I had to cut the bracket i half to remove the brakes. Now I have one bracket left. Will try to get a machine shop to make some new brackets localy (if I can get a decent price).
            Maybe Verkline or someone else on this forum would be interested in making a batch if there is some more interest?

Comment

where in Norway are you from? send me pm

Comment

Working...
              X