Rear brakes upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brakes upgrade

I searched the forum for this and i couldint find the answer.
    Somebody....successfully installed the urs4 rear brakes to S2 coupe?
    I had this into my car...but with some merc discs and some spacers between the hub and disc. Not the best...
    I bought the s4 300mm discs....but the minimum diameter for the pads to stay on the entire surface is 280mm. This is good for the S8 caliper brackets..but not for the urs4 ones.
    For the urs4 you need an 270mm disc.
    You know an 270mm disc wich can fit these brakes?
    Thank You!

On the coupe, I thought the discs were machined down to 280mm? s2central.net did this originally, I think Pete Reeve sold a kit with all the bits in too.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Thank you Rusty... I measured..and...with urs4 caliper brackets....the 280mm dosint fit. The urs4 brackets on s2 coupe is possible with 270mm only.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
        Thank you Rusty... I measured..and...with urs4 caliper brackets....the 280mm dosint fit. The urs4 brackets on s2 coupe is possible with 270mm only.
        You need to use S8 rear caliper carriers along with the UrS4/6 rear calipers. Then you can use the 280mm disc.

Greg W.
        They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Thank you Greg! This i know...but i have an complete set from an urs4 and i wondered iff there are some discs to fit these. Is about the hat height. The s8 carriers are expensive, aprox 140 euro each. The only disc may fit is the beetle or A3 one. 1j0615301m. But needs center rebore and holes enlarged.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
            Thank you Greg! This i know...but i have an complete set from an urs4 and i wondered iff there are some discs to fit these. Is about the hat height. The s8 carriers are expensive, aprox 140 euro each. The only disc may fit is the beetle or A3 one. 1j0615301m. But needs center rebore and holes enlarged.
            Pete @ Quattro Corner used to have stock of new S8 carriers, they were much less than 140 euros each, could be worth asking.

Comment

This is indeed a nice option...but...as i allready have these...i was thinking at an upgrade for the coupe using these as a lot.
              I found an disc. Is an Merc A class. 168 421 06 12. This needs just 0.5mm center overbore and some washers between caliper brackets and hub.
              I think this will be a nice solution for somebody with these calipers and brackets.
              What you think?
              Regards!
              Eugen

Comment

I measured again...and these discs will work on coupe with urs4 rear brakes with aprox 2mm distance washers between brackets and hub.

Comment

I have this setup fitted and working

B7 Disc, 300x22 vented - 8E0 615 601R (turned down to 280mm)
                  A8/S8 carrier - 4D0 615 425C
                  Calipers from RR quattro or UrS4/S6 - 447 615 423 and 447 615 424
                  S8 pads for those 280mm discs - 1J0 698 451L
                  50mm long caliper carrier bolts - N101 815 02 Shortened to ~35mm for the task

Also recommended along the way is new brake lines and clips for handbrake...
                  S2 Coupe rear hose - 893 611 775
                  Brake union clip clamps - 4D0 611 715B
                  Handbrake cable lock clip - N900 527 02
                  Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Go for bigger brakes! You only live once

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62766
                    2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                    1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Lol!...Yes! Thank you guys! I will check the price for those S8 brackets.
                      All the best!

Comment

Working...
                      X