Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and this is a link to the VRS ebay shop, it includes his phone numbers

Comment

Agreed it is well documented but without the brackets we are back to square one!
      I will attempt to contact VRS via Ebay about them. It might be they are too busy to answer enquires and don't need the extra business or they don't have any more.
      Its hardly a mass market for RS2 stuff!
      Here's the missing link!
      http://stores.ebay.co.uk/VRS-Northam...p2047675.l2563

Comment

There are brackets out there, i use these:
        http://www.epytec.de/kategorien/brem...-bremse?c=1248

I run them with 360 x 32(?) mm discs.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 med Tapatalk now Free
        Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
        http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Oops, nevermind dont know if these will be any good with rs2 type of discs. Sorry.

Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes

Comment

Originally posted by k.alle View Post
            There are brackets out there, i use these:
            http://www.epytec.de/kategorien/brem...-bremse?c=1248

I run them with 360 x 32(?) mm discs.

Same problem!
            There are for S2 not RS2 as the A8 discs do not fit the RS2 only Porsche discs do.
            I think he also wants to run the stock 17" wheels so I doubt he can get anything bigger than the 330mm in there.

Comment

Yeah i had a brain fart and did corrected myself in the next post.
              And yes, 360 mm is large and they almost fill my 19" rims.

Comment

I'm puzzled with all the brake discs options that are out there. I see that RS2junkie runs 965.351.045.00 and 965.351.046.00 discs and if I'm not wrong these are 322x32 but why not grab 330mm discs when I'm first upgrading? I'm thinking to use 99635142910 / 99635143010 calipers from a Porsche 996 Turbo / 997 C4S and

I really can't find a clear guidance on what to get. In another thread in here it says that discs from 996 turbo: left 996.351.409.02 & right 996.351.410.02 (330x34mm) is possible to use.

If somebody know 100% what can be used I would appreciate the time. I don't have time to do research on this atm and that sucks.... Wish there where more than 24hours in a day

Comment

Originally posted by minim View Post
                  I'm puzzled with all the brake discs options that are out there. I see that RS2junkie runs 965.351.045.00 and 965.351.046.00 discs and if I'm not wrong these are 322x32 but why not grab 330mm discs when I'm first upgrading? I'm thinking to use 99635142910 / 99635143010 calipers from a Porsche 996 Turbo / 997 C4S and

I really can't find a clear guidance on what to get. In another thread in here it says that discs from 996 turbo: left 996.351.409.02 & right 996.351.410.02 (330x34mm) is possible to use.

If somebody know 100% what can be used I would appreciate the time. I don't have time to do research on this atm and that sucks.... Wish there where more than 24hours in a day

Well Its just 4CS 330mm x 34mm fronts normally
                  RS 2 580HP

Comment

I have had no response from VRS via ebay. I noticed Will was on here recently and PMed him whilst he was online. No response! So either they don't have any more brackets or can turn away business.
                    I am afraid its going to be down to you to make the decision. I agree it makes sense to use the biggest you can get under the stock wheel subject to the replacement cost. If there is a huge price difference you might as well go for the 322 options which will be less likely to give clearance issues yet still give a decent upgrade over the stock items in terms of performance and ease of maintenance/replacement.
                    The critical thing is as I have said, unless the caliper brackets are matched to particular discs then you are asking for problems unless you have the time to get brackets manufactured.

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu View Post
                      I have had no response from VRS via ebay. I noticed Will was on here recently and PMed him whilst he was online. No response! So either they don't have any more brackets or can turn away business.
                      I am afraid its going to be down to you to make the decision. I agree it makes sense to use the biggest you can get under the stock wheel subject to the replacement cost. If there is a huge price difference you might as well go for the 322 options which will be less likely to give clearance issues yet still give a decent upgrade over the stock items in terms of performance and ease of maintenance/replacement.
                      The critical thing is as I have said, unless the caliper brackets are matched to particular discs then you are asking for problems unless you have the time to get brackets manufactured.
                      I got a reply from will20v the other day and they make a set. 240 pound pr axle. I will then order 996.351.409.02 and 996.351.410.02 (330x34mm) and pray for them to fit. I will first order the adapter from that Norwegian shop as we have a 14day full return policy here and then I can see if they fit. If not I will have to order from will20v but I hope the ones from Hansenmotorsport fits as I want the car up and running again when I get home

Comment

Working...
                      X