RS2 brake pad change advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
    Sure mine had the individual type plates in them when I last changed the pads
    Great! I'll test the Porsche individual plates then.

Comment

I think they might actually be better than the connected plates as it allows for slight variations in movement between the pistons, just a thought

Comment

How did you get on with the Porsche damper plate's

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it a problem not fitting or using these plates

Comment

I don’t use them

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

fullsizeoutput_1cd8.jpeg

I would be careful pushing the pistons back into the caliper casting without cracking off the bleed nipples, it's relatively unlikely, but pushing fluid back through the system could cause some damage to the ABS pump especially if it is contaminated. It's good practice to give the brakes a bleed anyway when you're changing the pads. I made up a really nice little bleeding device the day, it's much easier if you can get someone to operate the pedal for you than try to do it on your own! Also, as above, I don't bother with the dampers.

NB, the photo is not of the brakes on my RS2! Its my wife's A6.
              Last edited by treebirch; 19 September 2018, 20:26.

Comment

I also don't use them but find that anything better than viewing stock ish pads make noise. The rs14 pagid pads I ran to the ring and back on and they were extremely noisy. Work well though... Was thinking that the dampers might shut them up enough to daily them.

Comment

When you say noisy what sort of noise, as long as they ain't screeching or squealing I don't mind

Comment

The noise was very loud. It was squeeling like a pig. I don't mind some noise but this was way too loud. Mostly the pads fault, as they aren't a road pad, but I like how they work so am looking to find something to quiet them down from mental to just noisey.

Comment

Mines like this at the minute but am fitting Brembo pads when the new callipers go in so hopefully no more screeching as it makes it a right pain to use the brakes

Comment

Ok, I bought the Porsche dampning plates from the local Porsche dealer. Price was about 8-9 euro per dampning plate.
                        For once, the Porsche solution is cheaper than Audi!

The Porsche plates fit totally easy into the calipers. During test ride, no more squealing brakes. Excellent!

Porsche numbers are:
                        44mm plate:

36mm plate:

Comment

So just fitted the new calipers and pads without the anti rattle shims, everything is working fine
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                          X