Seat Cupra Brakes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Cupra Brakes??

Found these on the bay this evening. NCTS...

As the brackets can be used to mount Porsche callipers (according to many previos threads...) I'm assuming that a complete Cupra setup would fit with 314 A8 discs. £450 is a little too much as the 324mm standard discs would be useless. Once again I'll try and get Brembo part numbers off the seller an post them here if I get anywhere.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Finally found the part number for the Ibiza Cupra R bracket:

6KL 615 421
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Cupra brakes are uninteresting for an S2, the disc thickness is only 28mm, you can expect that to warp just as bad as a stock S2 disc, even if it's bigger, if it ain't got the thickness to take the heat, it ain't gonna be good for the job

The A8 314*30 discs won't fit, I know of a few people who have BTDT, no worky.

HTH,

mihnea
      '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
      info@MRCTuning.com
      Workshop Directions

Comment

Even the 314x30 discs warp if 'worked hard'
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

so those callipars wont allow 323*30 discs

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
            The A8 314*30 discs won't fit, I know of a few people who have BTDT, no worky.
            Cheers. That's all I wanted to hear. Porsche calipers it is then!
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey
              Cheers. That's all I wanted to hear. Porsche calipers it is then!
              Wait a minute.. The add says that the discs are 324mm - which should imply that 323's from a S6+/A8 would work. Now, the adapter seems to be different but does anyone KNOW what the difference is? To me it seems they might very well work...

Comment

Cupra discs are 25mm thick, which is crap IMHO, so if you want to use Cupra calipers with 323x30 from S6+ it just won't work.

HTH,

Mihnea
                '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                info@MRCTuning.com
                Workshop Directions

Comment

Ok

Originally posted by Mihnea
                  Cupra discs are 25mm thick, which is crap IMHO, so if you want to use Cupra calipers with 323x30 from S6+ it just won't work.

HTH,

Mihnea
                  Hmm... Maybe the 312mm ones with floating calipers but according to the SEAT forum they are 323mm x 30mm. So - what are they?
                  Last edited by Henka; 9 February 2005, 21:25.

Comment

Cupra discs are 28 thick and the calipers will work with 314x30. My friend has them fitted. It needed just a tiny bit of a file job on the caliper. Really tiny bit.

Their pad area don't meet the 314 disc area fully, though. They are a great improvement over the original brakes and the price... 150 euros each caliper with pads!
                    -

Comment

Hi!,

Don't forget there are two versions of the Cupra R Brembos. The Ibiza Cupra R calipers is I believe quite cheap. The Leon Cupra R caliper is much dearer (£250 + Vat from stealer or @£200 + vat from our friends at Vagparts).
                      Someone told me they both use the same pad.
                      There is a physical difference. The Ibiza has the one bleed nipple on the side, whilst the Leon has two at the top.
                      I think the Ibiza version is the same caliper used in the cheaper Gran Tourismo kits. The Leon Version is a nice caliper. Not monobloc, has virtually the same pad depth as the RS2 but smaller width.

Comment

That's all correct. My friend uses the cheap Ibiza ones and that's what I was talking about.
                        -

Comment

The Ibiza Cupra R caliper has two bleed nipples and uses a 305x28mm disc.

I tried unsuccessfully to fit these to my S2. The brackets needed too much material removing to be used with the A8 disc.

Sold the calipers on Ebay for more than I paid new from a dealer. Still have one of the brackets which is brand new and not modified.

I can take detailed measurements of this and the RS2 bracket if required.

The bolt spacing is identical on both. The Ibiza bracket is thicker which takes the caliper further inboard away from the wheel.
                          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

damn, I have been on the track in cars with 30mm thick discs and big reds and I found them ****e, now how are 28mm thick discs gonna behave???

my next brakes are gonna be 32mm at least, maybe even 34 or 36... disc diameter and how many pistons you have doesn't do it all for brakes...

just my 0.02,

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
                            info@MRCTuning.com
                            Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2
                              The Ibiza Cupra R caliper has two bleed nipples and uses a 305x28mm disc.

I tried unsuccessfully to fit these to my S2. The brackets needed too much material removing to be used with the A8 disc.

Sold the calipers on Ebay for more than I paid new from a dealer. Still have one of the brackets which is brand new and not modified.

I can take detailed measurements of this and the RS2 bracket if required.

The bolt spacing is identical on both. The Ibiza bracket is thicker which takes the caliper further inboard away from the wheel.
                              Hi!,

Think there might be different variants. I thought the Ibiza ones were £86 + Vat at one time! Why there should be such a price differential is a mystery!
                              By the way if anyone can source a n/s Leon Cupra R 03 caliper at a reasonable price, let me know. I think it would be a good Ur upgrade!

Comment

Working...
                              X