Can the brake bomb cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the brake bomb cope

Hi sounds a bit dumb but can my brake bomb cope with extra braking I now have as I've got porsche cayenne 6 pots up front and 4 pots boxster at rear both running 330mm discs.Any body who have similar setup to mine?

It's the master cylinder you need to think about - probably ideally you'd fit a larger one. Calculate the piston area Vs stock. You'll probably find you have longer pedal travel but it should cope OK if its well adjusted
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks error will do

Comment

is there an obvious upgrade from the parts bin to consider if you wanted to install a larger master cylinder?
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I remember that Cayenne has a 27mm diameter piston in the master cylinder. Hence you have 2 options: using a bigger master cylinder or get used with the long travel of brake pedal. Is not quite a big difference.
          Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
          AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

Thanks maniacuv6 will have to take it for drive and see if I can get use to pedal feel if not will change master cylinder

Comment

if its any help the slightly longer pedal travel is fine once you get over the "nothing, nothing, kiss windscreen!".....

Comment

Working...
              X