Ur quattro rr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear calipers

Take off rear calipers and Try inverting the rear calipers when bleeding, had the same problem. Will take a few attempts i found.

Comment

I'm happy to report that it was the brake accumulator. It must have been completely knackered as you didn't even get one pedal depression out of it!

No more warning light when the pedal is depressed, no pulsating feeling and lots of depressions of the pedal after the engine has been switched off.
      Steve

1990 RR 20V
      1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Good news Steve!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steverrquattro View Post
          I'm happy to report that it was the brake accumulator. It must have been completely knackered as you didn't even get one pedal depression out of it!

No more warning light when the pedal is depressed, no pulsating feeling and lots of depressions of the pedal after the engine has been switched off.
          Hi Steve,

I have a similar situation with my RR 20v. After 12kms of driving the brakes start binding. There is now a fluid/hissing sound coming from the brake servo area. I have removed the master cylinder and prop valve and all is good and no leaks. On return from the drive, the hissing came on by itself for 4-5 secs and the brakes bound even more. I am tring to identify if this is the Brake servo or the accumulator.

I have depressed the pedal with he engine off, it went to the floor but the next push was hard and that was it ie no further depression
          I have looked for the accumulator but cant see it, ca you guide me ie is it under the abs unit and what do you have to remove to get to it
          Is there a way to idntify which one has failed ie the servo or the accumulator as there is a rebuild option for the servo as you have now mentioned.

Thanks for any info

Here is a link o the system diagram http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sing...4/lang/e#sec_7

Comment

Hi,

It is item 4. Periodically and over time the pressure escapes from the pressure accumulator. Also named the 'Brake Bomb' because of how it looks.

The normal way to test this is after turning the engine off. See how many brake depressions you can get before the pedal goes hard. The less the number of depressions = knackered pressure accumulator.

The job is relatively straight forward, BUT remember to do around 20 depressions before disconnecting the high pressure brake line. The brake pipe union can be a little fiddly so take care not to cross thread this. Oh and get ready to get fluid all over you. :-)

Just thought of this, there are washers on the banjo fitting, so don't loose them and remember to top of the fluid which you will loose.
            Steve

1990 RR 20V
            1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Working...
            X