Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Brembo's upgraded - Excessive pedal travel S2 coupe ABY

Evening guys, girls.

Trying to figure out a few problems since having my brakes upgraded to the 996 Porker refurbished upgrades supplied by Albert.

Brakes, discs and fluid have been changed, brakes when pushed hard are immense but there is travel to get to that stage which is a little worrying..?

Has anyone else found this, would the original master cylinder not be up to this type of upgrade and if so, can people recommend a replacement or point me in another direction??

Thanks in advance,

Audiudo

Check bleeding again,or the pump itself.I have 8 pot calipers on the front and 4 pot on the back and stock master pump still pushes enough brake fluid to keep the pedal in the upper region.

Comment

Yeah I agree. Stock master can cope. Give it a good bleed. You have speed bleeders?

Comment

speed bleeders? Now i google it,and its looks good...are they for Coupe quattro 20v as well?It could be used only on master cylinder and proportioning valve? On calipers not?because of hozintal/vertical position?
        Last edited by Tom_; 23 September 2015, 07:44.
        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

the calipers where put upside down ! you cant vent them correctly now

Change sides left one should be on your right and the other opposite. Vents up !
          AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Yeah you have to swap the cross over pipe with the bleeders. At this time it makes sense to swap in speed bleeders.

Comment

They might crack.

It is more easy to just swap the sides of the calipers
              AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Hi all, would this be causing an issue with the braking performance though? I'm not sure they finally got installed like this as the picture above was just testing fitment. Will check when I get back later??

Albert, have you any other ideas to help with the brake pedal travel?

Many thanks for all your comments..

ATB Audiudo

Comment

If they are instsled like this than this is the issue tousing problems. You have some air there and it gets commpressed.It is all.

Comment

Oh, I can't see any pictures. Whenever I have used 18z calipers I swap the pipe/bleeders as the pistons end up in the wrong orientation if one side is swapped to the other (L to R etc). Bleeders to the top dude!

Comment

albert, u cant just change left caliper for right caliper and opposite...Because if u have one piston bigger and one smaller piston in caliper, always is that smaller piston get the brake disc first...And i am not sure if you change sides it will not problem with bolt-on...I think always is left and right side calipers...

Comment

and calipers bleeders are always on the top of the caliper, isnt it?

mine

some posche brembos

Comment

Bleed nipples at the top. Small piston must always be at the leading edge of the pad, large piston at trailing edge.
                          They are a pain to bleed sometimes, I had an issue recently with some trapped air. Bleed at least 500ml fluid through each caliper. Also cycle the pistons in and out to shift any pockets of trapped air.
                          Also check the hub is perfectly clean and that the disc has no run-out when mounted - that will push the pistons back into the bores and cause a spongy pedal.
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Alex, can i remove calipers, where bolts are on loctite glue?Can i reused the bolts? around 2km ran these bolts

Comment

I don't think you need to loctite the bolts
                              You can reuse OEM bolts
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X