This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthing

This bit was my main question originally.

I suppose you can't argue against the fact that removing the paint will always give a better contact - if it's not necessary I'd rather not though.

nigelm

Comment

I know it's standard requirement, but i just used a large ring connector to the body and i get no autocheck problems

Comment

Once you've drilled a hole somewhere and tapped a screw into the metal you will have a bare metal earth connection where it's screwed in, as long as the earth cable is connected to the screw well enough (ie with ring connector). Obviously removing a small amount of paint where the ring connector sits will ensure you get a good earth but it's probably not always necessary!
        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

I still need to get around to fitting mine
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

Mine are not earthed properly yet resulting in flickering when you use the windscreen washers while the lights are on.. i doubt that can do the bulbs and blasters any good.

I earthed them trough the cables on the blasters. This is what the instructions said but its obviously not good enough.
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Here is the thread from Guides & Top Tips about fixing the autocheck problem with HID lights
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
              X