Looking door problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking door problems

I have 2 different keys for my audi s2 avant.
    One to start the car and 1 to lock the car.
    When i lock the driver door all the car locks but when i open it on driver door only the driver door opens.
    To activate central locking i have to open from the trunk.
    Why ?

Best Regards

Switch gone in drivers door, or a broken wire.

Comment

Thanks ,, ,will check , is there a way to check/measure the switch ?

Comment

Take the vacuum actuator out and measure between the pin, while moving the actuator manually.

Comment

What is the purpose of the vaccum hose ? When the car is not running , then there is no vaccum but you can still lock/unlock the door ?

Comment

My vaccum hose was disconnected ,, i have still not removed the actuator do mesaure ? Does the hose go to the manifold ?

Comment

Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
              What is the purpose of the vaccum hose ? When the car is not running , then there is no vaccum but you can still lock/unlock the door ?
              There is a separate vac pump for locking. Right side of boot.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

But my hose goes to front of engine bay from the door ,, left upper side ... hmm .. is there a schematic for the vaccum for the doors ?

Comment

I have vaccum threw the hose ,, replaced the actuator ,, still same problem ,, can lock the car from front driver door ,, LHD , when i open from driver only the driver door opens ,, to open all doors ,, i have to open from boot lock.

Comment

When my driver’s door stopped operating the central locking I traced it to a bad microswitch in the door lock. It’s a tiny switch with a grey cable and they’re handed left and right for the two front doors.
                    I had some spare locks and was able to swap the switch and this cured the problem.
                    I think you can test the switch by unplugging it and metering the operation from the connector. ISTR it’s a SPDT switch (single pole double toggle).
                    You have to remove the lock and handle from the door to change the switch though which is a fiddle.
                    Last edited by newsh; 23 August 2021, 15:03.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Weirdly this has happened to me in the last couple of days, last time it was as Newsh says, the microswitches in the actuator in the door, I have another on order to replace it again -£13.50 and should be fixed, I hope.

Symptoms are that I can't unlock the whole car from the drivers door, or lock the whole car. If I try from the passenger side, it will unlock the whole car most of the time, but not lock it, but even that seems intermittent!

Comment

Hmm .. i can lock the whole car but cant unlock the hole car from driver side
                        From passenger side ,, i can lock and unlock.
                        What part number is it on the little switch ,, i belive as i have read that i have to change that switch.
                        I will look on the forum on tips to remove handle and lock.
                        Do i have to remove the inside door panel ?

Comment

Yes, you need to remove the door panel, a screw on rear, three 4mm allen bolts under the door pull, one screw inside the door release, and knock it upwards.

Easiest with the window down to refit, make sure you put the locking pin back in the hole!

The switches are inside the actuator, so you replace the whole thing, three screws and push the collar back on the top that goes round the lock pin rod and remove.

Comment

Part numbers are on here:
                            http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sing...4/lang/e#sec_4

I have uses superceded part number 8A0 862 153 which is later cabriolet/Passat, I think, with success.

Comment

hmmm .. to be honest .. i dont really understand what part you mean .. on the link you sent .. i have changed part number 4 .. still doeasnt work .. what part nr do you mean ?

Comment

Working...
                              X