Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Air Temp Sensor On 1991 S2 3b

Bit of advice needed here!!

Does anyone know what syptoms a faulty Intake Air Temp Sensor would cause??? the one that sits on the top rear of the Intake Manifold. (G42 )

I have an idea it would lower my boost, Retard the Timing etc, am i right in saying these things??? ( Cant Spin it But some outward movement )

Could a worn Dizzy also cause Boosting problems as mine is a bit noisy, although i have a new one ready to fit anyway????

Its just that after doing loads of repairs including all new hoses for Boost leaks etc and replacing various other sensors im thinking now this could be my problem with the car as it has a Intermittent problem with the Boost, bearing in mind the WGFV has been replaced recently, plus the afterrun pump, plus the MFTS Sensor, MAF Sensor is fine aswell.

Any help would be appreciated Chaps!!

Regards David.

Try checking the resistance across the terminals and re-solder then, dry joints can cause duff readings.
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Should be 500ohms. I had a post on this a month or two back. Linky
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Intake Air Temp Sensor

Cheers Andy
        How its going mate, i will try what you have said and check the Resistances aswell on this particular Sensor.

Gone out again this morning and the car would only go to 5 psi max, then left it a couple of hours and guess what, back just over 10psi again, so theres definately an Intermittent problem with the car, messing with its timing and boost.

Its defo not a Boost leak as i can take the car up to quite high speed and it holds perfect with no loss of Boost.

Have you heard of many hassles with this particular Sensor and the problems it can cause??

Regards David.

Comment

I'm not sure of the symptoms on the 20v motronic, but on the 10valve a broken connection at the air temp sensor causes a misfire, like a stutter, at about 3500 rpm IIRC.
          On the Motronic cars it should store a fault code in the ECU anyway, you can VagCom it or read the blinks with a LED.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure what the ECU does if the sensor is at fault, but it will be logged so a check with VAG-COM will show it up. I know S2dude had problems with his, but all he did was to re-solder the conector and it was fine.
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
            X