Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition coil problem

Hi guys,
    I have a 1993 aby model s2 and its got an electrical problem, Its going through coils at an alarming rate ( current set 11 months old ) and Im hoping someone out there can help.
    The car is superchipped but otherwise standard, there is a missfire at 3000 rpm then a bigger missfire at 5000 rpm, fitted three new coils today supplied by euro car parts, but the problem is still there. any ideas?

hiya mate did u change the actual coils or the coil plugs as well ?

Comment

New spark plugs and coils mate, got the car originally with the coil problem and fitted the new bits and It ran fine, less than 8000 miles later the problems back.

Comment

i have a similar problem and have changed several coil packs and an ignition amplifier in mine when i get the next one i am hoping thats it
        skint but fast

Comment

Originally posted by Ian C
          Hi guys,
          I have a 1993 aby model s2 and its got an electrical problem, Its going through coils at an alarming rate ( current set 11 months old ) and Im hoping someone out there can help.
          The car is superchipped but otherwise standard, there is a missfire at 3000 rpm then a bigger missfire at 5000 rpm, fitted three new coils today supplied by euro car parts, but the problem is still there. any ideas?
          changed the IGNITIONSWITCH they are some trublemakers sometimes they are ok,sometimes NOT.kontrol the unit,and see if you get at least 12volt at the unit,you may have ground(-) problem too. 14,4-14,7volts are ok with the battery......

Comment

Would the ignition switch fault not show up in the brain scan?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian C
              Would the ignition switch fault not show up in the brain scan?
              If you have sometimes BAD connections it will NOT show up. it means sometimes you have only 7volt out to the coilpackage,then you burn the coilkit

Comment

Thak you.

Originally posted by caterpillar
                If you have sometimes BAD connections it will NOT show up. it means sometimes you have only 7volt out to the coilpackage,then you burn the coilkit
                Thank you for your wisdom Caterpillar, I will investigate.....

Comment

Working...
                X