Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master central locking switch, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

already done by another forum member

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacuV6 View Post
      If we start guessing I start loosing my patience and YES you connect the relays and switch to the drivers door.
      I installed alarm systems on cars like that and I know what I'm saying ....
      that's why I ask I have the strange habbit of wanting to understand things

Comment

Originally posted by djh View Post
        Perfect, did he give any info on how he did it?
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Nice !

A good feature on the urS6 that is missing from the S2.

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...hlight=pelican

Comment

I've posted on the (excellent) thread as there was no information - other than the picture.

Comment

Pretty sweet install that

Is that factory?
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
                  Pretty sweet install that

Is that factory?
                  I think it's a door trigger with electric window switch, where the window switch has been replaced with a door lock switch from (probably) an A3

Comment

No, it's not in the early pictures. Looks like a rear window switch that's been fitted in the front with a different button or graphic.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

The Switch is from B5 or C4, they had the central locking switches installed. Door handle itself looks like rear EL window equipped saloon/avant handle, with the switch changed.

Comment

B4 trigger
                        B5 switch, as below:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I put a picture and I circled the driver's switch that control locking and unlocking.
                          The basic idea is that on pin number 2 you will have 12V or ground to lock/unlock.YOu have like a feedback : when you change the state the switch will remain in that state.
                          So I see that 2 small relays won't hurt . Right ?

The picture was taken from s2central.net.
                          Attached Files
                          Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
                          AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

Mine has no factory alarm, so this is not the same.

sent via Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't saw this thread earlier

If car has factory central locking, there will be vacuum actuator with three wires in front doors.

It has 3 wires - red/black (+12v), brown (ground) and green/blue or yellow/blue (goes to CL pump). If you push in or pull out rod that's on top of doorcard, switch inside actuator connects +12v or ground to wire that goes to pump thus opening or closing central locks.
                              I took these three wires and connected them to button - +12v to pin 1, ground to pin 2 and cl pump wire to pin 4

No illumination at the moment because in this case wiring to switch is bit different than wiring to windows switch or oem lock switch. In cars that has this button from factory there's separate wires going from button to CL pump so illumination works. I'll take a look inside button if LED pinout can be altered making illumination to work.
                              This can also be done using two switch-over relays so we don't loose option to lock and unlock car by pushing or pulling rod, but who uses this feature anyway especially if there's a button for that.
                              And yes, trigger as well as button (with changed faceplate) is from rear door. You must use button from rear door that has solder type connection instead of plug or take button from C4A6 which is smaller - there's not much space behind button.

Originally posted by johne View Post

However, on my ABY car doing locking the driver's door also arms the factory alarm and I don't know how you'd seperate doing the two.

John
                              If you connect button to door lock wires (ground and two wires that goes to CL pump) it will trigger factory alarm when you push that button. If you connect button to actuator like I did, it will not trigger factory alarm.
                              Last edited by mdz; 17 July 2013, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                                .... 3 wires - red/black (+12v), brown (ground) and green/blue or yellow/blue (goes to CL pump). If you push in or pull out rod that's on top of doorcard, switch inside actuator connects +12v or ground to wire that goes to pump thus opening or closing central locks.
                                I took these three wires and connected them to button - +12v to pin 1, ground to pin 2 and cl pump wire to pin 4...
                                so the pump only needs a brief 12V or ground on the wire to start operating the open or close action?

Comment

Working...
                                X