Rear Wiper not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
    Done, also went mad and filled the screenwash tank and bought a new 400mm Bosch wiper blade for it.... The joy and delight keeps coming....

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy 3169 View Post
      Hi Rob,

That is just what mine was doing on my RS2 I will nearly 100% guarantee it will be the wiring loom from car to tailgate most of the plastic coating will have worn off with the tailgate opening and closing over the years just pull back the rubber gaiter and you will hopefully find your problem

John
      Just want to thanks for this post John.Was literally.Until I came back on the forum and re-read this thread
      Had tried the motor and the relay etc.Pulled the cover on the tailgate wiring and bingo two wires that have become seperated.A bit of quick soldering later and I have a fully working rear wiper
      Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
      Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
      Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
        This is also another top tip. Many thanks John, I now have a working rear wiper...... woohoo...

On close inspection of the circuit board, a tiny part of the tracking had melted, less than a mm and caused open circuit. So I resoldered the gap and the power pins... Took all of 3 minutes. Job, as they say, is a good'n...
        WELL.... I removed my relay the other day, found hairline cracks in the solder around one of the pins, resoldered them all, plugged it back in, and bingo, have wiper working again, and this time appears reliably!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
          WELL.... I removed my relay the other day, found hairline cracks in the solder around one of the pins, resoldered them all, plugged it back in, and bingo, have wiper working again, and this time appears reliably!

Yay!
          [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

I had the exact same fault and fixed it two weeks ago.

The issue is more than likely a cracked solder joint in the relay itself, probably caused by vibration.

In the S2 Coupe ABY, the relay is located under the LHS rear seat - I'm not sure what motor you have though?

It's an easy enough fix if you have a soldering iron and a magnifying glass. Some of the cracked solder joints are very hard to spot and can sometimes only be seen when you wiggle/apply slight pressure to the relay pins.

I could have a look over yours if you like?
            Cheers,
            Grant

S2 Coupe ABY '94

Comment

To be honest, just resolder them all while in there, even if you think they are not broken, it takes but a moment

Comment

I unfortunately chucked mine out before I read the thread but got one of flea bay for £5.99, at last my rear wiper works all the time after 10 years of faffing aboot

Comment

Did all of your heated rear windows work ?
                  1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                  2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                  2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Yep, never had a problem with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X