S2 3b engine problem - when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 3b engine problem - when cold

There is malfunction in my S2 3B - it has an REV cut out when cold - the symptops are like this - when engine is cold it starts good, but when adding throttle it CUTS OUT the ignition at 1500 RPM - and don't let engine to rev higher than this. When engine getting warmer and warmer - it cut out in every minute a little bit higher - at 1600, 1800, 2000, and so, and finally when engine reaches higher temperature - about 60-70 degree C , it stops cutting at about 2500-2800 rpm, then ocassionally cuts out at about 3000 rpm, not every time ! - and when engine is hot, it never cuts out, except 7000 rpm ofcourse.
    The problem is VERY anoying - it's winter now, I got to first warm up the engine, before I can take a trip.

VAG reports no errors... What could it be ? I only use Shell Vpower Racing fuel.
    Any suggestions are welcome!

OOOO

www.AudiKlub.org - the oldest and biggest Audi Club in Poland :thumbs:

Hello!

It's me, again Back to this - same car, same old problems
    What i've done in meantime AAN conversion, with new program. Problem seems to be the same...
    Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    OOOO

Comment

There is a sensor on the rear of the head, forget the number but i seem to remember these go out of tolerance and then you get issues with cold starting. It sits directly below the small bore pipe from the rocker cover and has a two pin plug that pushes on.
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

http://www.s2central.com/ds_G62.html this one!
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Did you change the loom to AAN or do the pin swap on the 3B loom?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Hi, sorry i forgot about this topic.

Answering: we did pin swap and some wiring is added to the 3B loom.

About my problem from the first two posts - recently i've encountered none of this problem... I think it is possible that some sensor is faulty and dying more and more... Have to check and replace.

Thank You for Your answers, will keep it in mind!

ps. it came to me that it is 15 years passed since I've bought this car... I'm old
            OOOO

Comment

Working...
            X