This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitive Cam Belt Parts List - UPDATED WITH P/N's

Can we make a total definitive list to be added to the FAQ section (with part numbers)
    I'll dig up part numbers later to attach to each item

(I'll add any replies on to my list so that the final list stays in the first post)

From memory i have the following parts:

Timing Belt - 054 109 119H
    Crank Bolt - 034 105 229A
    Water Pump - 054 121 004AX (Exchange)
    - Bolts to fit - N 010 247 8 (x2)
    - Bolts to fit - N 014 717 2 (x1)
    - Seal - 035 121 043
    Crankshaft Oil Seal - 034 115 147 A
    Thermostat - 069 121 113
    Thermostat Seal - N 901 368 02
    - Bolts to fit Thermostat housing - N 010 218 6 (x2)
    Crank Pulley - 034 105 263A
    - Bolts to fit Pulley - N014 726 3 (x4)
    Coolant - G12+

Optional:

PAS Belt - 034 260 849E T - 12.5x1030mm (V Belt)
    A/C Belt - 034 260 849 - 12.5x915mm (V Belt)
    Alterator belt - 034 903 137B - 14.24x888mm (Ribbed)

Note: ABY Engine code P/N's listed here ONLY!
    Last edited by S2 Ant; 22 March 2006, 23:32.
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Thanks Ant! That's just what i was looking for as my belt is due for a change anytime now ....

Nice one!!

cheers.

Bo
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I would add the idler pulley for 7a/3b models or tension adjustment pulley on aby/adu models.

Also the crank oil seal under optional as they can slowly leak oil when old and worn.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

is the water pump a MUST change?
        IM going for my timing belt change in february and here is my list along with other things since front bumper will be removed and access will be gained...:
        Timing belt
        PAS belt
        aircondtition belt
        turbo out for service
        intercooler mod
        samco turbo hoses
        dump valve
        waste gate frequency valve
        oil pump(maybe this will finally fix the as low as 1,2 bar of oil im getting+crank oil seal (is it expensive by the way?)

thats it.but as far as the timing belt parts im thinking only the top ones
        I also have a thermostat,should i give it as well for a change?my water levels and temperature are fine,this is whay im asking if they are in need of a change..

cheers
        Vasilis

Comment

Oil pump new for an ABY is £290
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

outch!
            maybe i will just change the crank oil seal instead!i will do a search around here.Can these things be reconditioned somehow?

Comment

The crank oil seal is easily replaced. When we had mine apart we dismantled the oil pump and cleaned it out. put a bit of petroleum jelly in it to lubricate it first off and put it back together.
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

that sounds a lot better than getting a new one,especcially if the costs are that high,and my levels are not that bad anyway!
                Thanks for the info greg!I will just tell him to change the crank oi seal and do a good cleaning of the oil pump.
                How about the water pump though?is it a must to change,or only if it broken?
                cheers

Comment

nice! seems realy a nice idea to make a defenitive list.
                  please is possible to specify the parts that are diferent on RS2? if there are some?

plus I think the timebelt tensioner is almost "a must change" to... unfortunently I cant identify on ETKA the part number for that, for my rs2. it aperars on picture many separated parts.

Comment

Water pump is a must as is the tensioner technically. However if they havent been long replaced I wouldnt see the point in changing them.

You could use the RS2 water pump which has one less tooth so it pumps faster than the S2 pump.
                    Greg

Comment

@Greg_S, 7A and 3B motors use the water pump to adjust tension, on ABY and ADU's its the idler pulley thats used to adjust belt tension.

Can anybody confirm what is needed to fit an ADU water pump in an ABY, is the timing belt different etc?

Mark.
                      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Good job you corrected me on that one I didnt know that TBH.

As for belt do a search for Mark Halligans threads. he fitted one on his, im not sure if he had to change the belt though
                        Greg

Comment

papvas...... i used to have this problem with oil pressure in my old s2.....
                          strip the sump and look around for anything in there... I found bits from the distributor gear in there .. dunno how it got there but... check for any thing... especially the guaze that sucks the oil from the sump.... .. I bought a new oil pump... when i didnt need it!!!

best to check 1st m8

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas
                            is the water pump a MUST change?
                            I just did this recently and the water pump was only £25 since it is an exchange item. (that was cost though as my mate owns 2 garages so I only pay cost on parts )

I would also add that the short water hoses under the inlet manifold should be changed whilst you are in there, as they are a pig to change without a strip down and therefore the least changed - making them a good source of leaks.

The other thing to check is your after run system. If not functioning, the most common cause is the switch on the underside of the water rail. (test it by pulling the 2 connectors and touching them together - the pump and rad fan should run)

Cheers n

Si
                            95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                            Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                            With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

thanks you guys.My engine is ADU and will be changing the belts in a couple of weeks.

Say do the water hoses we are getting from samco from Paul include the 2 short ones that HPmuirt mentions?

In any case i will ask for a water pump change,an afterun pump check and probably once in there the thermostat as well

Chriss,thanks for the input.im conviced now that i will only have to have my oil pump checked and cleaned along with the seal changed instead of a complete oil pump changed.

Finally,this belt tensioner adjuster,is it expensive?Does anyone know the part for ADU engine?
                              cheers
                              Vasilis

Comment

Working...
                              X