This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg_S
    Water pump is a must as is the tensioner technically. However if they havent been long replaced I wouldnt see the point in changing them.

You could use the RS2 water pump which has one less tooth so it pumps faster than the S2 pump.
    Any idea where can I source on Watter pump for RS2? Portugal Audi, German an Spain dont have any in stock, as I was told from Audi PT. Aperantly factory stoped making them to...

Comment

hmmm, try vagparts maybe?
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I would have thought European dealers would have them, parts are meant to be available for 10yrs after the car was finished production at least.

The water hoses people speak of, has anyone got part numbers or diagrams or are these generic straight pieces of hose? Its getting closer to the garage meet and i need to get the parts im missing ordered.

Im not the best with the family album tho, so if people can assist it would be appreciated.
        Also whats the P/N for the crank seal?
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

thanks for updating the part numbers Ant.

That's a big help

Cheers.

Bo
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

guys is there anything from that list that does not apply or is missing for 3b s2???

im gonna do this soon too

Comment

The list should more or less apply to all, however 3B and RS2 will have different part numbers.

The above are quoted for ABY only.
              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt

I would also add that the short water hoses under the inlet manifold should be changed whilst you are in there, as they are a pig to change without a strip down and therefore the least changed - making them a good source of leaks.

Si
                Any idea on part numbers for these???

I have ordered the water pump and other bits but cant find part numbers for the short hoses.

Cheers.

Bo
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Theres a relay roller ive got at home for this job as well, P/N is on the packaging at home tho, must have been suggested by Doug or someone similar in one of there posts, i'll dig it up later on.
                  Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

One to add on this list which i havent looked up is the crankshaft oil seal.
                    I assume it can be changed whilst doing the cambelt.
                    Mine needed doing but i didnt have one so its been left with a slight leak.

Can someone find the part number as i couldnt see it on the same screen as the belt pulley, dampner etc and couldnt find it else where either.
                    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

keith had one with him at the meet
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

We didnt know if his was leaking and we done my belt first.
                        Nevermind, one to do in the future, if i get these rods it will all come out soonish anyway
                        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

......and at the top of that list ENSURE YOU HAVE A CRANK LOCKING TOOL
                          i think there would have been a few people stuck at the garage meet last weekend,
                          luckly i had 1 with me that i was selling to AndyP,who took it on the chin when i said
                          a few members had borrowed it
                          Dez

Never did overtime until i purchased........s2

Comment

Yes i must admit that was something i overlooked also.... well something i had assumed and we all know what assuming does lol

We got there in the end tho which is all good. Im sure the lads with the 3B appreciated use of the tool
                            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter
                              Assumption is the mother of all fúck-ups!
                              SS

Comment

Also makes an ***out of U & ME
                                Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                                X