pipe missing off wategate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe missing off wategate?

Hiya i have a thin pipe missing off the wastegate and wanted to know if this would cause performance issues. The pipe connects to a thin nipple like fitting. (if that helps)

everyone always asks this question!!!

Nothing is supposed to be connected to this Andy. It's ony there for testing purposes. Nothing to worry about.

Cheers!
    Martyn
    Last edited by Martynf; 14 January 2004, 10:51.
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I have seen on an old A2 URQ a small kind of filter - no idea what for though - any ideas?

David
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

On my urq it connects to the metering head, where the breather pipe connects, nobody seems to know why though, there's not enough vacuum there to lift the WG valve on shut off.

On early urs the WG was operated by the EM pressure, if the WG diaphragm burst the fumes would be piped back into the inlet, maybe this is why.

Filter on this would just be to keep muck and condensation out of the WG obviously it has to breathe in and out as it opens and closes. Seems quite a good idea to me.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Cheers Newsh - makes a lot more sense now. i think the filter was a small inline fuel filter, sort of billet style.

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X