No announcement yet.

Weird knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well everything was new when rebuilt and nothing reused other than the conrods. head had had a porting done in Greece and assembly and engine was built in the UK.

I can't be sure of what may have caused this and it is unlikely I'll ever be able to determine. it's just bad luck

I'm back in Greece temporarily to see how work cam proceed. I'm still back and forth in the UK as much as I can and family can allow

Comment

ok.

so after the whole engine was apart, the noise was coming from the piston pin that was worn on cylinder 5.
      Similar wear was found on piston 1 as well. Though the pistons themselves were fine, 5 new pins will make them as good as new along with rod servicing (will be up for sale).

Further inspection of the crankshaft revealed significant wear on all main bearings and the crank itself. A 2nd hand crank was used along with new rods and pistons which I happen to have as spares.

Reason for the above given the recent problems with the head and similar wear must have been debris. There was no evidence of heat related problems. We couldn't narrow down how these developed and where they came from.

I always did regular oil changes with filter with silkolene pro s oil while I was in the UK.

Anyway, now I have a new engine to run in and thankfully noise free so far.

Comment

Working...
      X