No announcement yet.

I Hate my S2 :-((((

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was when I first built the car. it had a blocked fuel tank at that's stage and was restricting fuel.

id go back to basket and strainer and lower the pump some more

Comment

New one fitted

Comment

maybe its time for a walbro 420 then. we always hear about noisy 044 pumps.both mine are pretty old that I have used and were/are quiet. got them second hand about 9 tyears ago now. perhaps things aint built the same now.

Comment

I think you are right buddy,I was reading a lot about them pumps now and plenty people complain about them being noisy (angry bees and ball bearing rattling noise type)I was thinking to change fuel pressure regulator but I’m almost sure that that will not change anything
          Seriously I’m thinking to buy different pump.

Comment

There's also a lot of FAKE NEWS, sorry, fake Bosch pumps out there on Ebay, buy at your peril...

Comment

Yeah,I know that

Comment

Both mine are noisy, and are genuine 044 pumps, it just seems to be the way it is. After all they are for use in motrosport rather than a daily.

Mine sounds like a tired old pump that's not going to last for much longer / an angry bee but amplified.

People have told me I have a puncture such is the noise. You don't notice it too much with the window shut and the radio on, but in the summer with the window open, no radio on, and stopped at traffic lights you certainly do.

If doing it again I'd go for a Walbro one if it is easy enough to spec and fit, just to have 'silence' The 044 buzzing noise doesn't sound right in a daily.

Our original oem fuel pumps are replaced now because they're far too old at this stage, but would a like for like new oem genuine bosch one not work well enough and have enough head room for a chipped ABY ? Just curious.

Comment

just enough for a chipped aby. about 320hp

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                    Both mine are noisy, and are genuine 044 pumps, it just seems to be the way it is. After all they are for use in motrosport rather than a daily.

Mine sounds like a tired old pump that's not going to last for much longer / an angry bee but amplified.

People have told me I have a puncture such is the noise. You don't notice it too much with the window shut and the radio on, but in the summer with the window open, no radio on, and stopped at traffic lights you certainly do.

If doing it again I'd go for a Walbro one if it is easy enough to spec and fit, just to have 'silence' The 044 buzzing noise doesn't sound right in a daily.

Our original oem fuel pumps are replaced now because they're far too old at this stage, but would a like for like new oem genuine bosch one not work well enough and have enough head room for a chipped ABY ? Just curious.

yes-sounds just like mine,old dying pump on its last legs.
                    i wish I knew about Walbro before.

Comment

I did have a few minutes of free time today and I took my S2 for little spin.I still hate the 044 pump but I love the car,With low boost setting it’s still lighting up all 4 tyres as in the video

Comment

What video?
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            What video?
                            I’m trying

Comment

you are a criminal
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Hahaha- it’s only 1.1 Bar Boost set up.I have got Turbosmart gauge and 4 port solenoid waiting to be installed etc etc.But even now it’s still such a weapon.I think I really upset owner of audi S6 and M3V8.THANKS TO AUTOMARK

Comment

Working...
                                X