No announcement yet.

1992 S2 avant non start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update, on an e-bay purchased code reader............. 00513/01/01 is present. It would seem this is for G28 engine speed sensor........and this fault will always be present due to engine not turning over yes?

So, next step take off the crank sensor block and check the timing pin is still attached to the flywheel ?

Comment

When I had the missing pin fault on mine, there was a code present for it in addition to the G28 code
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Update is.....the car is apparently now starting, started under test with code reader on. Probably worse than not starting because nothing has really been done.
        Have suggested to him to check as many electrical connections as he can.

He's suggested he bought a pile o' sh** from me !.........but knows they're great cars!

Comment

Ignition switch?
          1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

Cam sensor cam be intermittend, btdt. Real pita.
            I replaced it with a Bosch part. Cam belt will have to go off

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
              Update is.....the car is apparently now starting, started under test with code reader on. Probably worse than not starting because nothing has really been done.
              Have suggested to him to check as many electrical connections as he can.

He's suggested he bought a pile o' sh** from me !.........but knows they're great cars!

Old Audis- who needs them ,eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamin View Post
                Ignition switch?
                Maybe......and a part that is NOT NLA !!.....as far as I'm aware?

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                  Cam sensor cam be intermittend, btdt. Real pita.
                  I replaced it with a Bosch part. Cam belt will have to go off
                  .......and notorious for failing it would seem, so will probably be replaced I think. Thanks Henk.

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post

Old Audis- who needs them ,eh?!
                    You need them.......well at least a few of them anyway!.......me too!.........and everybody else here as well

Comment

Intermittent electrical problem. Lack of codes make me think it's probably not the cam sensor. Ignition switch is possible or dampness in the fuse box causing a bad contact. Does the car live outside ?
                      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
                        Does the car live outside ?
                        Sometimes it does, but the last outing before it wouldn't start was a long wet drive.

Comment

I've a similar issue with my 94 coupe, I've replaced the cam sensor recently , and it seems almost yearly ! With gen bosch part, top cam sprocket off but as per tip on here, cable tie the belt to the sprocket and ease the sprocket off, then back on bolt up after the pesky G40 is on

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmitchell View Post
                            I've a similar issue with my 94 coupe, I've replaced the cam sensor recently , and it seems almost yearly ! With gen bosch part, top cam sprocket off but as per tip on here, cable tie the belt to the sprocket and ease the sprocket off, then back on bolt up after the pesky G40 is on

Comment

Hey,

I have issue since today, no start. Last when it was alive it didn't run smooth, not on all cylinders. It was just 10sec. when I needed it to run, so quickly turned off it. Today poured fresh fuel, changed battery (old was almost dead), it turned over, but no start. Checked spark plug - it was wet, so I guess fuel is not the case, had not time to check the spark, but I guess its missing. Maybe anyone already has some ideas with my explanation? I have 1.8TFSI conversion. It's an ABY Coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrito View Post
                                It was just 10sec. when I needed it to run, so quickly turned off it........................Checked spark plug - it was wet,
                                Could the engine be flooded as it was only run for a very short time?

Comment

Working...
                                X