Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rs2 cold start trouble

hi ,
    first, i apologize for my poor english ;-)
    here is my problem :
    since a few weeks , at cold start , my engine tumble ant stops , and when i WOT it stays at low revs , and some exhaust and intake explosions occur .....
    at iddle it seems to run on 4 cylinders ..
    and after a few time (5 minutes) it sudenly run fine.
    the are 5 new plugs on it .

thanks for your help

Has it been sat for a long time? Any signs of damp in connectors and sensors? Have you pulled fault codes?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

i' haven't a diag system .
      The car is runing every week or starting at least every month on cold season

Comment

Check the wiring plug to the white sensor on the back of the cylinder head. The ECU uses this sensor for coolant temp. Maybe it gives a false reading during warm up.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

I had similar symptoms with my S2 ABY and it turned out to be this.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

the wiring seems to be ok , so i disconnect the sensor , and it runs fine....
            So , is this critical to run without this, sensor , while i will found a new one ?

Comment

thanks for the help guys !!!

Comment

I offer you the following:

Missing and Hesitation diagnostics:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22611.phtml

Power Output Stage Diagnostics:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/153152.phtml

G62 Coolant Temp Sender used by the ECU to control fuelling:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20985.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I dont want to make new topic. My car makes also same but has 3B engine. What sensor it can be. If engine is gold then rpm goes between 400-1000rpm. About a minute it will be steady.
                  What would be normal rpm with cold engine? Mines always been 800rpm. Cold or warm.
                  Also RPM-s will go crasy if i will stop before stop sine and then it will also do like it was gold engine. But after 20 minutes of ride, everything goes ok.

Comment

Check out your idle stabilizer valve to make sure it’s moving freely. You can run output tests with a simple blink code lead yourself. If not check the temp sensors as listed above
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                      Check out your idle stabilizer valve to make sure it’s moving freely. You can run output tests with a simple blink code lead yourself. If not check the temp sensors as listed above
                      Does those things you mentioned also make engine stutter? I today started car and it looks like only 3-4 cylinders work. revs jumped 300-1000rpm. After 10 minutes of ride and car was perfect again.

Comment

finaly that wasn't the temp sensor ... i disconnect the blue connector on the bipass on the oil gaz recirculating circuit ... this is located near the ECU temp sensor ...

Comment

Originally posted by ristokru View Post

Does those things you mentioned also make engine stutter? I today started car and it looks like only 3-4 cylinders work. revs jumped 300-1000rpm. After 10 minutes of ride and car was perfect again.
                          Anyone?

Comment

this symptoms are nearly the same as mine, disconnect the blue connector on the oil vapor recyrculating circuit, under the throtle bodie .
                            just for test , if its this your engine may run fine just when you disconnect this

Comment

Originally posted by bout1977 View Post
                              this symptoms are nearly the same as mine, disconnect the blue connector on the oil vapor recyrculating circuit, under the throtle bodie .
                              just for test , if its this your engine may run fine just when you disconnect this
                              I have 3B engine. Its little different.

Comment

Working...
                              X