No announcement yet.

Head gasket and a few other bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see them maybe just causing more problems if they cant do a head gasket without causing a nightmare

Comment

They have now found fuel leaks and looking to replace fuel line. Surely this wouldn’t cause the major performance issue, without leaving an obvious trail of petrol everywhere it went?

Comment

I would have thought that you would have smelt it. Although it could cause a issue with performance . Maybe you should just get it out of their hands get it to Alex and let him sort it out. I don't think you have any confidents in them at all so why leave it there.

Comment

At the moment it will sit there until Monday now just because I had to chase them by phone today as they were about to close. Hopefully it’s mobile enough to get it from there on Monday to at least outside.

Comment

After much faff and telling them to not do anything and just get it ready to be rolled onto a trailer for a week. Which they ignored and still messed around and changed a fuel line to plastic/rubber looking thing. I finally have my car back as a non-runner. But I did get a signed acceptance of liability off the centre manager and no bill for the fuel line. What’s the best way to check the timing when the crank pully was a new manufactured part and is there any way to check the head skimming was done correctly and hasn’t caused more damage?

Comment

Without removing the head you don't have any way really of checking if they skimmed it. Also do you know how much they skimmed off the head as this is important was it also pressure tested. Where about,s in the country are you.

Comment

No idea how much was skimmed off, didn’t even realise or think about how much could be skimmed. I was told it had the valves lined and pressure tested but I have no faith in any work done at this point. Thought it it might be the case of taking it off. Will be seeking damages for the cost of more or less all the work they did then to get it all redone. Just outside Chester.

Comment

Too far away from me to come over and help you out. Brian at Tonks 4x4 is in Nottinghamshire and he's a great fella and can sort it or Alex Error has offered to help you out. Sometimes its better to have a experienced eye on it.

Comment

Will reach out once I’m sure on doing anything to fix doesn’t affect a claim against them. Had to get signed confirmation to take it away didn’t affect liability which was the 1st step this morning.

Comment

https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/136943.phtml

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

What a nightmare bud once the legal aspect is sorted be sure to slaughter their name on review sites

Comment

After waiting a week and a half for a 2nd opinion the tow truck never arrived to collect and I’m now told the next free space is 2 weeks away. So I think I’ll start on it myself at the weekend instead if I can get the insurance to agree. Can anyone provide a proper garage quote for the claim for the bits the garage has signed liability for and hopefully it’s enough to cover parts to do it myself and sort the bits they aren’t admitting fault for. They quote would be for;

- removal and reinstall of both front shocks correctly
                          - attaching sump tray, including replacing all the bolts for it they have lost the lot as it was returned in the car
                          - fitting the exhaust, and new rubber mounts
                          - removal of the head, pressure testing head and reinstall inc any gaskets that won’t be reusable
                          - replacement head, just in case
                          - removal and proper check over the custom done crank pulley
                          - replacement crank pulley with OE part, just in case

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X