Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Best Adjustable FPR available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is The Best Adjustable FPR available?

Right! I'm going to need to be able to adjust the fuel pressure on my B3 S2 Re-shell Saloon Project, so I'm after recommendations for the best adjustable FPR one can purchase, what are the best brands and models? The choice is quite baffling and I've never needed to use one before so any advice regarding what to buy would be much appreciated..

Also I want to be able to fit a sender to the fuel rail for an electrical gauge in the car, I could hook it up to one of the inputs on my Zeitronix or have a dedicated gauge I don't mind doing either, what is the best way of going about this?

Space is not an issue as I'm fitting a manual steering rack and completely doing away with the hydraulics to free up space and make things as simple as I can in the engine bay, no Evap system or ABS either, everything I can get rid of is going as I'm trying to keep the weight down to around 1150 kg's.

Any advice welcome.

1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

No advice sorry but this looks to be very interesting indeed

Comment

Hey Kit

Glad to see you back on the forum

There are plenty out there as you have seen. For my money, I would go with Turbosmart. No nonsense, their products just work.
      Most aftermarket FPRs have provision for a fuel pressure gauge or sensor, normally an 1/8NPT fitting.
      This is ideal as your really want the sensor after the fuel rail, not before it as some people seem to do with a sensor in the supply line, pre-rail.
      I use Honeywell PX2 sensors. They are good value, accurate and reliable 0-5v analogue sensors.
      I wouldn't bother with a gauge - I like to keep my eyes on the tarmac and let electronics look after the important stuff
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I went with a eurospec one for my urs6, works great and stays right where you set it.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          Hey Kit

Glad to see you back on the forum

There are plenty out there as you have seen. For my money, I would go with Turbosmart. No nonsense, their products just work.
          Most aftermarket FPRs have provision for a fuel pressure gauge or sensor, normally an 1/8NPT fitting.
          This is ideal as your really want the sensor after the fuel rail, not before it as some people seem to do with a sensor in the supply line, pre-rail.
          I use Honeywell PX2 sensors. They are good value, accurate and reliable 0-5v analogue sensors.
          I wouldn't bother with a gauge - I like to keep my eyes on the tarmac and let electronics look after the important stuff
          Heya Alex, nice one mate I've been hovering in the background again for quite a while now, trying to shift some of my parts mountain, I'm amazed by how much both cars and decent used parts have gone up in value over the past year or so!

However building my new workshop is taking all my spare time along with breaking the FWD 2.6 V6 1995 C4 I picked up for next to nothing to fix my 1997 30V quattro Saloon a couple of years back. Somewhat bizarrely I found four pairs of glasses in that car (all Armani) the correct prescription for me as well a very expensive steering wheel lock with two keys so that was £300 well spent as one of the pairs of specs alone is worth that much. I don't feel bad about retaining them as I purchased the car from the estate of an old farmer who'd passed away and spec's are no use underground in a coffin or melted at high temperature in a cremation. It's the same red colour as my 30V and has provided all the body work parts required to fix it and I got lucky again when picking up the leather interior for my 2.8 C4 Avant quattro and got all the mechanical stuff unique to the ACK engine I needed like the viscous fan, it's pulley and mounting bracket etc.

Anyway that's really not related to this topic but does explain why I've not been posting all that much, also I had a disaster in my Clio run about, whacked a foot deep pothole that looked like a puddle and literally ripped the suspension off the nearside front, it's easy enough to fix and I've gotten all the parts for free from a mate who's gt a scrap one the same, but it means I've had to press my B3 into service again while I get the C4 breaker out the way so I can get the Clio in over the pit and align the subframe etc.

I'd hoped to have pulled the 2.0 8V motor from my B3 by now and had the engine mounts done for an I5 but obviously I can't that while using it!

Will have the Clio fixed soon and am desperate to proceed with my B3, I have someone waiting for the engine! I was going to start out with a K24 but I've sold all my good ones so It''ll be bursting into life with an RS2 hybrid using an #8 hotside and a larger billet comp wheel, I'm going to run it with the N75 unplugged to start with then once I'm happy everything is right I'll reconnect it and let the RS2+ spec Hoffer ECU I have do it's stuff, I have 440's to supply more fuel and a full Zetronix set up to keep an eye on things to start with hence wanting to monitor fuel in the fashion you suggest. The car is destined for doing 1/4 miles, hence the major push to remove weight.

Then once I'm happy with that set up I have a K27/8/9 hybrid I've built up using a Porsche racing twin scroll hotside and a mixture of 28/9 coldside waiting to go on with 650 CCM Bosch injectors and may well go down the VEMS route at this point as getting Motronic mapped is a right PITA these days.

Right time to crash out so going to leave it there, thanks for the pointers!

Comment

Why do you need to adjust fuel pressure?
            Use the stock regulator. If the return does not flow enough anymore due to huge fuel pump, use an Aeromotive one.

Also, don't fit VEMS. **** ECU - use Ecumaster at the very least.
            Has PnP adapter, does Audi trigger and is not a nightmare to tune and set up.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

We use Aeromotive on the bikes and the busa land speed bike just done 271 mph almost 1000 bhp. They are the best unit's we have found very well made never had one fail.

Comment

Thanks for responses guy's...

I want to fit a decent adjustable FPR as the Hoffer RS2+ software for 3B's I have has a tendency to make the car run a little rich on WOT, though otherwise I can't fault it, great on fuel when cruising, savage midrange and as far as I tell all safety features retained. Despite leak testing upto 1.5 bar until I'm blue in the face and being 100% confident the set up was leak free, trying several sets of RS2 injectors as well as different 7A FPR's, stock fuel pump, 044 race pump, high flow pump from a K-Jet car and just about anything else I could think of it wouldn't make any difference.

Once fitted I'm going to be using an RS2 Hybrid with a 56 mm hot-side and billet comp wheel so I'd like to able to able to tweek the fuel pressure a little if required, I'll be using a full Zeitronix kit so will be able take logs or get a passenger to read the live display when on the road. I know it's not as good as solution as a live map but given I was very happy with the car before, I'd like to be able to tweek the fuel delivery a little to avoid the rich running on WOT.

Comment

Why just not fit a adjustable drop in FPR for the stock fuel rail?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                  Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                  BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                  BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                    Why just not fit a adjustable drop in FPR for the stock fuel rail?
                    Thanks for the input, I'm looking to keep things tidy and as simple as possible in the engine bay so that would be ideal.

I had no idea such product was available though I'd have to use an ABY or AAN rail as my set up is 3B based, which as I'm sure you know use's a remote FPR under the inlet manifold which I'd like to do away with anyway.. I'll have a good look at what I can find, however would you have a link to such product by any chance?

I want to retain my existing 3B IM as it's been gas flowed along with being matched to the cylinder head which has had extensive work done to the ports. I have an AAN rail and fuel lines to hand and don't mind dong a bit of fabrication work to make thing go together properly.

Comment

Are you still running the dizzy, it gets in the way of the fuel lines on the ABY rail but you could maybe tweak it. I’m using one with the dizzy just used for the hall sensor but I’ve got a reverse IM. If the dizzy is gone then you’ll have no probs using the ABY rail

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

AAN inlet and all around is every minute better than 3B one unless it's an OEM S2 restoration happening or stock S2 A/C is wanted.

AAN fuel rail and FPR can be adapted nicely to 3B intake. Dizzy is sort of problem. Solvable. But why use dizzy at all when you have totally OEM solution to bin a dizzy?

Comment

This? No affiliation, but I've been looking at it.

https://store.034motorsport.com/fuel...k-fitment.html

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Thanks for the input, I'm looking to keep things tidy and as simple as possible in the engine bay so that would be ideal.

I had no idea such product was available though I'd have to use an ABY or AAN rail as my set up is 3B based, which as I'm sure you know use's a remote FPR under the inlet manifold which I'd like to do away with anyway.. I'll have a good look at what I can find, however would you have a link to such product by any chance?

I want to retain my existing 3B IM as it's been gas flowed along with being matched to the cylinder head which has had extensive work done to the ports. I have an AAN rail and fuel lines to hand and don't mind dong a bit of fabrication work to make thing go together properly.
                            The same as ejfluhr linked above, I bought mine from Finjector though. Those also have a bigger return bore, so they can handle a bigger pump(s) better

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                            X